Wedding Talk

The group ended up dancing to music.

Phoenix danced with Bob. She smiled and laughed as he spun her around.

Rooster got tired and sat down next to Maverick. Maverick sipped his beer. "You alright kid?" Mav asked as he looked at him.

"Yeah. Just realizing how lucky our group is... Phoenix had a life threatening injury and is alive, you're alright... fanboy and Coyote are alive... hangman's alive... Ice is." Rooster said as he watched the group.

"You're alive." Maverick said as he glanced at Rooster. Rooster nodded slightly.

"You shouldn't have survived that kid... I'm being honest." Maverick said as he put his beer down. "You got flipped onto rocks, in the ocean, and shouldn't have been able to swim back up."

Rooster knew. Rooster knew he shouldn't have survived that crash. "My dad saved me..." rooster said.

"So did my mom..." he said with a sad smile. Maverick looked at him surprised. "What..."

"I did drown. I got hit by a rock on the way down. But I got to talk to my dad and mom for a bit... they made me want to come up to the surface. I couldn't break you, Ices, Phoenixes and Hangman anymore. Enough has happened..." rooster said as he looked at Hangman.

"Plus... my mom wanted to meet her grandkids." He turned and looked at Maverick. Maverick was just in shock. He turned his head and sighed.

He didn't know what to say in response. He just sighed and nodded. "I'm glad you're alright..."

Phoenix was sitting in the corner looking at stuff on her computer. She was looking at wedding dresses.

She felt embarrassed since she was the only girl in the group, and she was the tough one. She didn't want them making a big deal over her looking for her dream dress.

She was scrolling as Hangman plopped right next to her and looked at her screen. "Whatcha looking a-" he saw her looking at dresses.

She closed her screen. "Nothing..." she said as she reached over and took a sip of her beer. Hangman looked at her and sighed.

"Phoenix... if you want to look for a wedding dress that is perfectly fine." He said with a soft smile.

"I know... it's just when I was on the ship, every guy there thought it would be just so great to say unnecessary comments and laugh. So, it's been ingrained in me not to look around men." She said as she looked at him.

Hangman sighed and messed up her short hair. "We would ever do that. Especially because it's your wedding dress." He said with a slight smile. "Watch..." he cleared his throat.

"Dagger squad! Y'all know Phoenix is getting married next, what type of dress would suit her best?!" He said. He felt Phoenix tense up next to him.

Fanboy smiled bright. "Anything flowy! It would compliment her hair!"

"Plunging neckline! You want to entice the groom." Coyote and Payback said together.

"Hmm... something that can compliment your fierceness and confidence." Rooster said.

"Or something real princessy. I don't know. Everything would look fantastic on you." Maverick said.

"What about a suit?" Ice said as he stepped outside. Maverick quickly got up and helped him over.

Phoenix wrote down all of their suggestions. She then looked at Bob who was the only person who didn't say anything.

Everyone looked at him.

"I especially want to hear your opinion." Phoenix said to him.

Bob knew there was no way out of this. "What about something flowy, with some flower details all the while including the plunging neckline, princess aspect, and then a suit for afterwards." He said.

Everyone looked at him surprised but his suggestion.

"I love it." Phoenix said.

Everyone then smiled and walked over and started pointing at things for her to purchase for her wedding.

The group was laughing and smiling as they all looked at them.

Hangman pointed out anything at had sparkle. Rooster was really into the lacy option for some reason.

Fanboy loved flowers along with Coyote.

Payback was adamant about her getting a suit for the party.

She smiled softly as she met Bobs gaze. He had the most loving look on his face. As the others argued she pulled out her phone.

Phoenix : you okay there cutie?

My husband: of course. Can't I look at my wife?

Phoenix: *fiancee

My husband: same difference

Phoenix: you're in a good mood.

My husband: :)

She chuckled and looked up at him. He walked over at him. He walked over and lifted her chin up to him as he leaned down and kissed her. The group stopped arguing and watched.

He broke the kiss slightly and looked at her. "Whatever you wear will be become the most beautiful outfit." He said.

"How are you so sure?" She said looking up at him. He smiled and kissed her forehead.

"Cause you're in it." He smiled and walked outside. Everyone's jaw dropped as they watched him.

Hangman laughed and clapped as everyone started chatting. Phoenix placed her computer on the table as the others started to get distracted.

She followed after Bob. He was on the beach just staring at the water. His shoes were off and he took his glasses off. She watched him slightly.

He was thinking about their wedding, a soft smile was on his face. He imagined her walking down the isle and he knew he was going to cry.

He continued to imagine it until he turned as he heard Phoenix walking up behind him. She waved slightly as he extended his hand to her.

She took it and he pulled her close and placed his forehead against hers. "I want your last name..." he said quietly.

She looked at him surprised. "You do?"

"Yeah... I've known since the beginning. I want to be yours, even up to the last name." He said with a smile. Sh rubbed his cheek and kissed his cheek. "Of course."

She kissed his cheek again and then met his gaze.

"Kiss me... like you will at our wedding." She said. "Make me anticipate it even more..." she said.

He was surprised by this request. He placed his hand on her back, tilted her back and kissed her lovingly. She wrapped her arms around his neck, running her fingers through his hair.

He broke the kiss slightly and looked at her. "Is that good?"

She looked at him, her gaze dazed, and cheeks flushed.

"... it's perfect."