Conference

Maverick left the White House with the other pilots.

They got to the hotel and turned on the TV to listen to the press conference.

Maverick sat on the bed and took his boots off. The others passed out either on the floor or bed. He turned the channel to where the press conference will be held.

Rooster helped Hangman onto the bed and picked up the phone to order food for them.
Maverick turned the volume up on the TV as Ice appeared in front of the cameras.

"My name is Fleet Admiral Tom Kazansky. I am the head of the Navy in this time of distress."

Maverick watched him. He saw his hands shake ever so slightly. He saw his eyes screaming pain.

"Today, we were blatantly attacked by the enemy forces we are at war with. They exceeded the boundaries of peace and forced my top pilots to intervene. They made their way to the White House, but was stopped by Lieutenant Jake Seresin- Bradshaw under the command of Rear Admiral Pete Mitchell."

Hangman snickered. "Today is a good day. Hehe." Rooster smacked his arm gently.

"Even though we know that the threat that was present was averted, in recent days, the enemy has blown up an aircraft carrier in the Atlantic Ocean that was delivering assistance to neighboring nations. The commander was lost with his ship. There were 2,000 personnel on board, 900 survived."

Maverick clenched his fists. Rooster noticed.

"I wish peace amongst the families for those lost at sea. On behalf of the navy... I promise we will end this war, and make sure the enemy knows that they made a mistake. We had tried to be peaceful but it was proven today that there is no want or desire for peace on their behalf." Ice turned the page of his speech.

Maverick saw him flinched as he did.

"On behalf of the president and the U.S. Navy, we declare official war. We cannot sit back and watch the innocent be assassinated in the comfort of their homes. This war will be finished swiftly and concisely. Any questions?"

A reporter raised her hand. Ice pointed at her.

"How are you so sure that this war will be ended swiftly?" She said.

"It has to end swiftly. We cannot risk anymore lives. For the sake of families overseas and here, so, it will be over quickly." Another reporter raised their hand.

"Sir! Will Top Gun be full functional for this war, and will a new wave of pilots be selected? And will the previous grads teach at the school?" Ice never actually thought about that. He nodded.

"Our most recent class of grads will be the new instructors at Top Gun. Top Gun will always be fully functional for the safety of our nations. They are actually under the command now of Rear Admiral Pete "Maverick" Mitchell, my husband." He said with no hesitation. Another reporter raised their hands.

"Will the F-18 be able to handle these new generation fighters?!" Ice didn't say anything. He thought and nodded.

"It's the pilot, not the plane. If our pilots are taught correctly, they can take down any aircraft. No one other comments." He walked off. The camera followed him, showing his stern look on his face.

Maverick recognized that look. He pulled out his phone and called him. The camera picked up Ice answering.

"You Okay admiral?" Maverick said, setting a serious tone.

"Yes and no sir. Thank you for asking. How did my press conference go?" Ice asked him.

"It went well. Good answers. You looked very handsome." Maverick said with a soft smile, and got a fake gagging sound from rooster.

Maverick watched the TV and saw a slight smile show up on Ices face. "Thank you... I appreciate it. Just so you know, you and your pilots will be my escorts back to California. Since our airspace has been compromised, the president requests I have a escort. Once I get to California the Air Force will take over. Is that okay admiral?"

Maverick nodded as the TV switched over to Fox News commentary on Ices conference.

"Yea of course. Be safe. I'll see you tomorrow."

"see you." Ice hung up.

Maverick sighed and took off his flight suit and laid in his bed with shorts and tshirts. He groaned in annoyance in his pillow.

All of the other guys in the group looked at him and looked at each other. "Dad you okay?"

"Yes..." Maverick said muffled in the pillow. Hangman motioned Rooster over. "He needs a night with Ice..." hangman said.

Rooster nodded. "Especially with everything that's going on..."

Rooster motioned to the guys to talk about the conference. Rooster stepped out and called Ice.

"Hello?" Ice said.

"Do you not have any time tonight to stop by?" He asked.

"I mean... I have no more meetings but I have to write a report." Ice said as his driver drove him to a hotel.

"Is there anyway you can come and spend time with your husband?" Rooster said as he walked down the hall.

"I'm... oh... OH! I mean... yes. I am going to be gone for two weeks starting tomorrow when I get back to Hawaii." Ice said.

"I'll book you two a room and you guys just spend time together in whatever capacity that is. He is worried about you... like really worried about you. Everyone is..." rooster said.

"This would help us all calm down if you two just spent the night together being a married couple for a night. You have no idea what's going to happen later in this war dad... and you'll regret not spending more time together." Rooster said as he looked at his engagement ring.

Ice knew he was right. The kid usually was right. He's never told him anything wrong, especially when it come to Maverick.

"Alright. Don't tell your father. I'll book a room, and we can watch movies and spend time together. Okay?"

"Thank you dad."

"No problem kid. You were very correct, so, spending time now would be the best thing to do."

"You're so right."