Before

The night before the wedding, everyone had a party at Mavericks house.

Rooster and Hangman planned it there purposefully so that Ice could participate without draining his energy levels. They wanted him to be there with them no matter what.

Music was playing as Rooster and Maverick cooked in the kitchen, singing their hearts out. Everyone enjoyed a drink in various places of the house.

None of them knew when they could be shipped out. It could be tonight, tomorrow, or next month. They just wanted to be in one another's company for as long as possible.

Rooster came out with a bowl of food. "Dagger squad! Dinner is ready!" He said as Maverick came out with the next pot of food. "Dig in kids." Maverick said with a smile on his face.

Everyone excitedly started to eat. Ice walked over slowly with his hands in his pockets. He was in a good mood, which made Maverick very happy.

They all ate and chatted at the dinner table. Rooster sat next to Bob and Hangman. He was distracted until he felt his pocket vibrate.

He pulled his phone out and saw Bobs name and another message from Phoenix. He raised a brow and pressed Phoenixes.

Phoenix (nat): I have orders to be out of here after your wedding tomorrow.

Rooster looked up at Phoenix. His eyes almost filled with heartbreak. She nodded slightly as she looked at him sadly. He quickly looked back down at his phone.

Rooster: who else knows?

She looked at him and kept her eyes on him.

Only him.

Phoenix: don't tell anyone until after the wedding. I don't want anyone being upset or disappointed on your big day. Promise me that...

Rooster simply sighed and nodded. He didn't want her to be shipped out. He knew both him and Hangman were staying home, but she was getting sent out so frequently.

Must be the cost of being the closest of the group to being an ace. She is one of the best pilots in the group... she probably was going to be the next Iceman of the pacific fleet,  or she was going to run top gun.

He couldn't wait to be under her command.

But he snapped back and checked Bobs message. He took a sip of his drink as he did.

Bob: I'm gonna do it tonight. I need your help.

Rooster choked on his drink, which got the attention of everyone at the table. Rooster promptly cleared his throat.

"Sorry... saw something surprising." He said.

Everyone looked at him but then continued what they were doing.

Rooster: perfect timing. What do you need?

Bob: I need you to get her outside and video tape. She told me awhile ago she would love a video for her family, so, I'm following through

Rooster: 👍 gotchu

Bob got up and excused himself from the table and walked outside. Phoenix looked at him, but he motioned she stay there. "I'm just checking on something... I'll be right back." He kissed her cheek and walked outside.

She simply shrugged and promptly found herself arguing with Hangman playfully.

After a little while, Rooster got up and walked over to Phoenix. "Come walk with me?" She looked at him and then nodded. She got up and walked outside with him down to the beach.

She walked next to him. "So, how do you feel... getting married tomorrow?" She asked as the two walked to the sound of the waves.

He smiled softly and chuckled. "I'm... I'm excited. I get to share a life with someone I love, and add someone to my beautiful family." He said as he looked at the waves.

"What about you?" He asked her. "How do you feel about eventually getting married, starting a family, and being a Mrs?" He asked her.

She smiled softly and chuckled. "I can't wait... I can't wait to know that there will be someone to greet me when I come home from deployment, someone to come see me at work... I can't wait." She said with love in her voice.

"I'm assuming you're imaging this with Bob?" Rooster said as he stopped and looked at her. She looked at him and nodded.

"I don't imagine anyone else being my husband..." she said. Rooster smiled softly. He hugged her gently and kissed her head. "Good... good."

He pulled from the hug when he brought her over to a small place where there were fairy lights strung about. He motioned for her to go over as he pulled out his phone.

Phoenix raised a brow and walked up into this beautifully lit area. With fairy lights dangling down. She saw Bob standing there with his hands behind his back.

"Bob?"

"Natasha.... Natasha Trace. The most beautiful, strong, powerful, and influential woman in my life. You have been a blessing in my life.... You have saved me, on many different playing fields. You have saved me on the battlefield when I was dying and you saved me recently when my mother passed..." he said. His voice was shaky.

Phoenix stepped towards him.

"You have shown me... what a good family is like, and how a good family can be made. You have no idea how happy you have made me..." he said as he reached into his pocket.

"And I can't risk losing this chance ever again." He said as he got down on one knee in front of her. Her eyes widened as she covered her mouth in shock. She teared up.

Rooster teared up himself as he recorded.

"Natasha... will you marry m-" she was suddenly as his level and kissed him. Bob kissed her back with a surprised look on his face.

She broke the kiss slightly and looked at him.

"Yes..."

He smiled softly and took his mothers ring and placed it on her finger as he stood up. He felt as if he was dreaming, but he knew it was too good to be one.

He took her hand into his and kissed her with a smile.

Phoenix was tearing as she basically hug tackled him.

"Love you Robert..." she said quietly.

"Love you Natasha."