Childish

The group stayed and laughed the night away.

Ice and Mav' grilled vegetables, burger, and hot dogs for their new group of kids.

Payback and Fanboy were dancing and laughing to the music that was playing. Rooster and Hangman were drinking beers together as the music played.

Phoenix just stayed at the stairs and was messing around on her phone. She would say she wasn't trying to distance herself, but she was. All of the memories from the crash were haunting her memory, so, distancing herself from everyone was the only idea she had.

She thought everyone was distracted until Maverick came over and sat next to her on the stairs. A sigh escaped her as she sat up.

"Yes?" She said tiredly.

"You okay?" Maverick asked. She looked at him and shrugged.

"I can't interact with this group right now..." she said as her gaze drifted over to Bob.

"You mean... you can't interact with Bob right now?" Maverick said as he fiddled with his wedding ring. She nodded, accepting his answer as the truth.

"Why?" he asked calmly.

She felt tears threatening to show. "I... i was the reason he almost died. I can barely look at him without thinking... thinking that he could've died because of me.." she looked at Maverick with tears in her eyes.

"Do you know how hard it would've been to come back and tell his mother or father that he died because I was a shitty pilot..." she said as he looked down slightly.

"I do know how hard it is... except in this situation..." he gestured towards Bob.

"He's alive... and you saved his life." He said as he reached over and held her hand gently. "Don't be like me... don't dwell on the past. Learn from it, but don't continue to live in it. That's what I did, and I suffered for it." He said as tears pricked his eyes.

She saw and squeezed his hand. "You survived, made it, now... continue to live and acknowledge that your wingman is here. Cause if there comes a day where he won't be around, you'll regret all the time you could've spent when you were more concerned on what could've happened..." he said as he squeezed her hand.

Phoenix just pulled him into a hug. "Okay..." maverick hugged her tight and smiled sadly. "Good... now, to have fun." He said as he pulled from the hug.

As he stood Ice waved him over with a smile. Mav smiled and walked off.

Phoenix sighed and got up and walked into the room.

"About damn time the big boss decided to join us." Hangman said as he walked over and handed her a beer. She rolled her eyes and took the beer.

"Yeah yeah... I'm here now. Now, let's get this party started." She smirked as she changed the music. The group cheered and continued to dance.

Bob watched Phoenix dance as he sat on the couch. He met her gaze, to which she executed an almost flawless wink at him.

He blushed slightly and just took by another sip of his drink.

She smirked at that and continued to dance.

After a little while, Maverick came in.

"I have some more friends from the headquarters coming over to hangout." He said as some more people came in. Ice went over and greeted them.

The Pilots saw the poeple they didn't know coming into the house. So the little gathering of mavericks 'kids' were now heading outside.

Hangman sat on the ground next to rooster and spun finished his beer. He sat the bottle on his side and spun it around.

Fanboy saw him spinning it and suddenly came up with the most childish idea of a game for the group to play. "What if we play spin the bottle?!" Fanboy said.

Bob and Rooster choked on their drinks. "What made you think of that?" Rooster said.

"The inspirational Hangman and his now empty beer bottle." He said with a chuckle. Hangman raised a brow and then chuckled.

"I'm down. I don't mind kissing any of y'all." Payback said as he sat down on the floor with them. Coyote nodded in agreement.

"Agreed. It's all friendly." Coyote said with a chuckle. He pointed at Hangman. Hangman laughed and rolled his eyes.

"Coyote, I know we have been to the academy and you've see me a bit crazier than now, but you won't be able to handle me." He said with a chuckle.

Rooster sat back and nodded. "Aight... I'll play." He said obviously wanting his boyfriend to only himself, and hangman saw this.

Bob was about to protest when phoenix chimed in. "Sure. Sounds fun. I'm bored anyways." She said as she sat next to Bob.

"Awesome! Just so y'all know you don't have to like make out or anything. You can just like kiss on the cheek or stuff." Fanboy said as he adjusted his hoodie.

"Cool! You guys ready?" Payback said as he placed the bottle in the center.

Everyone nodded.

Bob was freaking out inside cause, he personally didn't want anyone to kiss Phoenix, but, they weren't dating so they couldn't control that.

Phoenix didnt want Bob kissing one for a few reasons but her reason for everyone was that 'he's still in recovery'.

Rooster was realizing he's an easily jealous boyfriend.

And hangman simply wanted to see Rooster annoyed. Which of course, benefited him for later.

For payback, the bottle landed on Fanboy. Fanboy laughed and pointed at his cheek. Payback chuckled and then kissed his cheek.

The group started chuckling. Fanboy smiled and then spun the bottle himself. The bottle landed on Hangman.

"Ha! The first person." Hangman said as he kissed Fanboys cheek. Hangman sat back as he spun the bottle. It spun and landed on Rooster.

Rooster let out a small happy gasp (no one heard him). Hangman looked at Rooster and smirked. Hangman kissed him on his lips. Everyone gasped slightly. "Yoooo!" Coyote said.

Rooster restrained himself from pressing further. It was probably the best damn kiss he's had in a long while (the last time the two kissed), but he had to act.

"Eh... could be better." Rooster said with a smirk. Hangman rolled his eyes. "Whatever." He smirked and sat back.

Rooster spun the bottle and watched it land on Phoenix. "Now this is gonna be something." Rooster said.

"How about we turn it into a competition?" Coyote said. Everyone looked at him.

"Let's see who can come out on top as the best kisser of the group." He said.

"I like that idea." Hangman said. Phoenix was gonna lose her mind.

"And at the end, everyone votes who was the best!" Fanboy said.

"Sounds good to me." Rooster said.

Bob was gonna say something, but didn't. "I guess it sounds like a fun little competition." He said.

"Alrighty! Let's do it!" Fanboy said.

"Starting with Rooster and Phoenix."