Mission Accomplished

Maverick lead the strike and raced down. All of them in formation.

"Ready! Fire!"

One fighter blew up the top of the ship destroying the planes, the others aimed for the bottom to sink it as fast as possible.

The ship blew up and started to sink, and no more planes were going to come off of it. "YES!" They all cheered.

Coyote smiled as they all turned around. Phoenix smiled. "We got them..."'she said as the whole fleet turned around.

"Alright let's get the other fleet. Maverick I apologize for overstepping your rank. You take the lead." she said as she backed her plane back behind him.

"Phoenix... come up here." He said. Her plane went next to him.

"I'm giving you command of this squadron. Do whatever you need. You have been working on this, this is yours." He said.

She looked at him and nodded. He backed up behind her plane.

She signaled she was taking the lead. She went in front.

"Daggers. We're aiming first for the long range attack ship which is at the center. We have to take out everything around it first." She said as she switched to guns.

"Reaper, Junior, and Coyote, you guys on taking out the smaller ships. Me, Rooster, Maverick and Hangman are all on the center, and just in case that doesn't work and we fail, I've called in some assistance." She said.

"You guys ready?" She said as the fleet came into view.

"Yes ma'am." She nodded.

"Let's go." The ship raced towards the fleet and everyone was going where the needed to go. Phoenix went straight for the center.

She switched to missiles and aimed at the gun on the top. She dropped it and it blew up. Maverick and Rooster shot up the sides while hangman dropped a missile on the side.

The section that got hit blew up. Phoenix then helped the outer rim with Maverick as her wingman. The two switched to guns and shot up the smaller ships.

"Mission accomplished Daggers. Let's head back to the base." She said with a proud smile. The group cheered over the coms. She raced back to the island and landed at the front of the island. Apparently some of the people at the airport cleared the runway.

"Oh and Maverick, we forgot to tell you. Ice is alive." Coyote said. Maverick nodded and teared up.

"Thank you for telling me..."

Everyone landed and parked the planes as everyone started to come out of the medical section.

The pilots opened their cockpits and started to climb out.

Phoenix stayed in her plane to take a breather. She took her helmet off and leaned her head back, but jumped when she saw Rooster climbing up to her plane.

He took a peek inside. "Well ain't this fancy Ms. Fifth-Gen-Fighter." He said teasingly. She chuckled as she looked at him exhausted.

"You could've let us do this.." he said. "You didn't have to force yourself." He said.

She shook her head. "The F-35 leveled the playing field. I wasn't going to watch you all get hurt just because I was in pain... plus... I need my brother to be at my wedding." She said.

Rooster smiled softly and reached over and helped her up. She winced as her side was acting up.

"Ready to take a break now?" He said. She nodded as she cringed in pain. She climbed out the plane and rooster was at the bottom just in case she fell.

She got down and leaned against him as the crowds cheered.

Maverick checked on everyone. He then ran over to rooster and Phoenix. He pulled the two into a hug.

"You two are the best damn pilots... I am so glad you both are okay." The two hugged him tightly and nodded.

"So are you dad..." rooster said.

Maverick looked at them with pride. He was talking to them until both Phoenix and Roosters eyes widen. Maverick noticed and turned.

A nurse was wheeling Ice over. He was bandaged up and was smiling. Mavericks eyes widened. "Tom..."

"How'd it go admiral?" He said.

Maverick teared up and walked over to him and knelt down in front of him and squeezed his hands.

"I told you I would be going home with you..." Ice said with a smile.

"I thought you died..."'Maverick said holding back tears.

"Apparently I did... but, Coyote saved my life. He did some CPR." Ice said. "And he patched me up, so make sure to say thank you." Ice said.

Maverick lowered his head and teared up. Ice rubbed his head and leaned forward and planted a kiss on the top of his head.

"You did good... Pete."

Everyone cheered as the pilots walked over. Everyone was cheering and praising them. This group constantly accomplished the unthinkable every time.

Hangman walked over to Rooster. "Think we're getting promoted for this?" He said with a chuckle.

"Oh for sure." Rooster with a chuckle. Phoenix smiled a bit. "You all deserve it for sure." She said tiredly.

"Of course we do, Ms. Commander. You got promoted two ranks up because you were able to take on 3 six generation fighters on your own." Hangman said.

"I'm just that good." She said with a smirk.

"Now she sounds like me..."'hangman said blankly.

"That's the point dumbass." She said with an glare.

"Oh."

Ice wheeled over to Natasha and handed Natasha a phone. She looked confused and took the phone.

"Hello?" She said.

"Natasha!? Are you okay... oh finally I can hear your voice." Bob said with relief in his voice. She teared up.

"Oh my gosh... honey, I'm so sorry."'she said. "I lost my phone. I'm so sorry..."'she said feeling awful.

"That's okay! I- I thought you died Natasha... when the news reported that the building blew up I was so scared..." he said tearing up.

She teared up and wiped her eyes. "I understand... but don't worry..."

"I'll be home soon."'