Rehearsal

The next morning rooster woke up slowly.

This was the first night he didn't have any nightmares in a long time. He felt comfortable and warm.

He felt Hangman still asleep against him. He also heard the door creak open just a bit. Rooster sensed someone was peeking in.

He leaned forward and kissed the back of Hangman's neck a few times gently. "Time to wake up..." He said as he pushed himself up slightly. Hangman groaned as he started to walk up. He turned and met the gaze of Rooster.

"Why'd you kiss my neck?" Hangman asked utterly confused. "Someone's at the door." He whispered quietly to him. Hangman nodded and kissed Roosters cheek.

"I thought we get to sleep in today..." he said with w faint chuckle. Rooster blushed oh so slightly. "Nope... todays your sisters wedding rehearsal." He smirked at him.

"I guess we should.. get out of bed and get dressed then?" Hangman said with with a brow raised.

"Hm not yet..." rooster covered hangman's lips with the blanket and kissed him through the blanket, but to anyone outside the door it seemed as if they were kissing and the door creaked in a way indicating the person left.

Rooster pulled away and moved the blanket from his face. "I'll be showering in the guest bathroom." He said as he got up. He grabbed his clothes and stepped out of his room.

Hangman laid on the bed staring at the ceiling. His face turned red as he replayed that moment in his mind over and over again.

"I-..." he slowly sat up and chuckled. "Yeah... uh... shower". He said to himself.

He walked into the bathroom and unwrapped his injury and rewrapped it tightly.

He only rewashed his hair, and everything else except his wounded chest.

He pulled on a white button up, black dress pants, and a black vest. He brushed his hair back and sighed as he realized his five o'clock shadow was showing. He was going to shave it, but he stopped.

"I'm on leave. Live a little." He chuckled as he walked out of the bathroom to pull his shoes on. He walked out and saw his older sister Joy, but resulted in him jumped in surprised.

"What the fuck Joy!?" he said as he placed his hand over his heart, calming himself down.

She was wearing a blue sun dress with her hair down and her arms crossed.

"You're not dating that man... are you?" She said with seriousness in her voice.

He frowned. "And if I wasn't?"

"You'd be lying to both of our parents." She said bluntly. "And they would not be too pleased about it. Is he even the guy you were engaged to! What happened there!?" She said demanding answers. It was the colonel coming out.

"They won't know, and, we're not talking about him right now... understood!? ." He said as he put on his tie.

"Whatever. But do know I'm watching you both." She said as she walked out of his room. As she walked out, Rooster walked in. He had a white shirt with a blue striped tie.

"Ready to head downstairs?" Rooster asked.

Hangman took a deep breath and nodded as he turned towards Rooster. Rooster extended his hand towards Hangman.

He took his hand and walked downstairs with him. The group gathered for the rehearsal. Hangman let go of Roosters hand as he saw some of his ex-friends from high school at the rehearsal. He quickly realized they were Annie's grooms best men.