Winds of Change

Rooster and Hangman woke up the next morning. Hangman was sprawled all over the bed as Rooster stayed in his little area.

But as the sun crept in, Hangman cuddled up next to Rooster and kissed his neck. As he did Roosters phone was ringing.

Hangman glanced at it. "Bradley... wake up. Your phone is ringing." He said as rooster moved around a bit.

Hangman rolled his eyes and picked up the phone and answered. "Hello?"

"Hangman? I thought I called Rooster." Maverick said on the other side.

"You did, he's just being lazy as hell and won't answer... what's up?" Hangman said.

"Ah I see. Tell him I need you both at the Top-Gun hangar in your uniforms. Dress blacks preferably."  He said.

Hangman raised a brow. "Hm. Okay. I'll tell the others then. Just so you know, Phoenix won't be there. She's on her way to Hawaii. She's going to be on USS Carl Vinson." He said.

"Ah then I'll call her. She's probably on track to getting promoted before you all. She's probably going to take over Ices job one day." Mav said.

"We're not surprised. She's got it all figured out. Well... what time do you want us at the hangar?"

"In 45 minutes. See you two there." Maverick hung up. Hangman nodded and hung up and put the phone down.

"Bradley Bradshaw-Seresin! Wake up! We have to be at the hangar in 45 minutes in our black dress uniforms!" Rooster sat up and looked at him annoyed.

"Who told you this..."

"Captain Pete "Maverick" Mitchell... your father." Rooster groaned and sighed. "Fine..." he kissed Hangman's cheek.

"Let's take a shower..." rooster said as he walked over to the bathroom.

"Together!?" Hangman said with a smile.

"Yes... dumbass". He said with a chuckle

"Alright! Lemme text the group and then I'll join you."

Maverick was in his dress whites sitting at the hangar. He was looking at the jet that was parked outside.

He then picked up his phone and looked for Phoenixs name.

Daughter I Never Had

The phone rang for a few minutes until it answered.

"Maverick? What's wrong? Everything okay..." she asked worried. He sensed the concern in her voice and chuckled.

"Everything is fine... I just wanted to call and see how everything is in Hawaii." He said with a slight smile.

"Oh shoot... I forgot to tell you. I'm sorry, it's going well. I'm getting ready to go fly in an hour to do patrols." She said as she packed her flight bag.

"Nice... you're doing good kid. You'll be a commander before you know it." He said with a proud smile.

"Heh, looking forward to it." She said.

"I bet... well. I just wanted to call and let you know I'm getting promoted today. I thought you were gonna be here, and I was going to have you and Rooster pin me, but that's okay." He said as he stood up.

She stopped. "Today!?" She looked at the clock and then looked at her flight plan. "Damn... I wish I could fly in..."

"Don't worry kid. You're doing your job." He said as he looked outside.

"You're getting promoted to Admiral Lower Half aren't you." She said.

"That I am." He said.

"Congrats Mav... I'm excited. You deserve it." She said as an alarm went off. She frowned at that.

"Go kid. I can hear it." Maverick said. She didn't want to get off the phone.

"I'll pin you when I see you again. I promise you that." She said.

"I'll hold you to it." He said with a chuckle. She smiled softly and grabbed her bag.

"See you later Mav." She hung up and ran up to the deck.

Maverick sat there and put his phone into his pocket. Ice walked in with the other six.

"Why am I up this early on a Sunday dad..." rooster said as he noticed the little set up. He raised a brow.

"Who's getting promoted?" Hangman asked. Maverick stood up and looked at them.

"You are!?" Fanboy said quickly.

Maverick nodded. "I'm getting promoted to Rear Admiral Lower Half... I'll be running Top Gun." Maverick said with a chuckle.

All of the pilots in front of Maverick suddenly stood up straighter.

"And to add to my promotion, today Ice will officially be getting promoted to Five Star Admiral today... he's the commander of the entire east coast and pacific fleet. I work under him." Maverick said.

Literally the entire group looked shocked. Rooster smiled softly. "About time you both get promoted." He hugged his parents tight.

Maverick and Ice smiled softly and hugged him back as other people started to come in.

Maverick looked at the group and his eyes widened slightly.

He saw people from his class from top gun.

"Yo! Maverick! Ice!" Slider said as he walked over.

"Still shorter than ever..." Slider said as he walked over. Maverick rolled his eyes and hugged his classmate. Slider pulled from the hug and looked at Ice.

"How are you.. Iceman?" He said with a smile.

"I am doing just fine. How's the kids?" Ice said with a smile. Slider nodded. "They're doing great... we adopted a little boy. Guess what we named him?"

Ice raised a brow. "Tom." Slider said. Ices eyes widened slightly and teared up. He just hugged his back seater.

"Still making me emotional as hell..."

"And I was the best at it." Slider said with a chuckle.

The new class had no idea who these people were. Ice smiled and patted his back as he went to take a seat.

"Rooster, you're pinning my ranks on. Both you and Phoenix would be but she's in Hawaii." He said. Rooster nodded as Maverick handed him the ranks.

"Things are gonna be changing kid..." Maverick said.

Rooster didn't like that.

"They already are... and it's going to be a hard change." Rooster said as he looked at Maverick.

"But right now...it's time to change your rank."