Siblings

7:00 started to roll around as Phoenix continued to help him move stuff around his room as the children started to fill the halls with laughs and giggles. Their happiness was contagious.

Phoenix felt the excitement of a new school year all around her. And seeing Bobs excitement for teaching made her less worried. She watched him chat it up with other teachers in the hall as she moved a shelf into the spot he wanted it.

She honestly didn't mind doing this for him. She'd learned recently she would do anything for him really... and she knew he would too. Honestly, he already did.

The bell started to ring and kids started to line up outside the door. Bob walked into the classroom, took a sip of his coffee, and walked out to the hallway.

Phoenix watched him smile, greet, and welcome every little child into the room. Some came in laughing at the interaction, and some just came in smiling.

Phoenix stayed in her corner, just watching in amazement. He was a natural with kids...

She rolled her eyes. Of course he was, he's a natural with everyone. Girls, guys, her parents, kids, animals, etc. there was no fooling him.

Bob walked into the classroom and stood in front. "Alright guys! Im excited to meet all of you! I am Mr. Floyd! I am your new history teacher, and I can't wait to get to know you all this year."

The kids All smiled but then their attention was suddenly in a different area. They all finally noticed the very pretty lady in the corner of the room. "Who is she!?" A little girl with long black hair asked.

Bob looked at Phoenix. Phoenix simply stood and walked over to Bob. "Have fun today love. I'll be heading back to base. I'll be flying today." She said quietly.

He nodded and kissed her cheek. "Be safe." She smiled softly and kissed his cheek back and nodded. "Yes sir. Bye!" She waved and ran out.

The kids all were making a commotion about Phoenix. As they chatted about her, Bob suddenly felt lost...

In a way, he was piloting alone now. It felt weird... he didn't particularly enjoy it at all, but, this was his thing now.

And he was going to work just as hard as Phoenix.

He suddenly snapped back to reality when a kid was asking him a question. "Who is she Mr. Floyd!?"

Bob looked at them and smiled softly. "She's Mrs. Floyd!"

He felt a little playful.

Phoenix got to her car and sighed as she looked out the window. She sighed as she pulled out of the parking lot and drove down the road.

She was about to blast music when she saw Bradley show up on her screen. She answered and sighed.

"Morning..."

"Well don't you sound just sooo excited."rooster said with a chuckle. "And don't you sound much more excited than you did last night." Phoenix said right back.

"I'll tell you about that later. How did taking Bob to work go today?" Rooster asked. Phoenix simply pulled to a stop as the light turned red. It started to rain slightly as she sat there.

"It kind of made me sad man... he's officially no longer in the Navy. Now I'm really flying solo." She said as the light turned green.

"I get it man. It's messing with all of us, but obviously with you more. He's no longer your back seater, and no longer a sailor with you." Rooster said oh so eloquently.

"Thanks for rubbing salt into the wound." She said with some anger.

"Sorry, didn't mean to phrase it like that. I'm just trying to show how you two are closer." He said as he messed with something in Ices kitchen.

"Yeah..." she said tiredly.

"Do you know what the mission Hangman and Mav went on was all about?" Phoenix asked. She was concerned with how fast those two got shipped out, and how no one beside Ice and Rooster were informed.

"Actually, no. Hangman won't tell me anything, same with Mav. Ice actually has a meeting with the secretary of defense today. I guess that might have something to do with it."  Rooster said as he sat outside on the porch.

"Do you think it's something serious?" Phoenix said as she pulled up in front of roosters house. He chuckled as she saw her.

"It might... things haven't been going well in the east." He said. She nodded slightly as she hung up as she got out of her car and walked over to him. She stood in front of him in the rain.

She really felt like crying right there. "Do you... do you think we're going to get sent to war?" She said as he stood in front of her.

There were talks of war being declared on the United States... and now that Phoenix was solo She was more fearful than usual.

Rooster simply walked over to her and hugged her gently and nodded. "Yeah... it's just a matter of waiting now. Ice has been gone for eight hours already and hasn't given me an update." Rooster said.

Phoenix hugged him back tightly and teared up. "I-okay..."

Rooster thought of Phoenix as he little sister. He would do anything to make her happy, or relieve her stress. He pulled from the hug and pulled her out of the rain that was now picking up.

"Phoenix... May I tell you something?" He said. She looked at him and nodded. He sighed and held her hands.

"I'm always going to protect you. Yeah Bob is gonna protect you probably till the end, but, I'll always be right here as your brother. I will come beat up the bully, and make sure they regret coming after you." He said seriously.

She teared up at that. Phoenix had never met her father, and her brother passed away in the marines. So, she initially never had a brother figure out a father figure.

But ever since she met Rooster Ice, and Mav, her family was Completed. She looked down and wiped her eyes. "Thanks Rooster-"

"No... thank you Bradley."