Bandit

Hangman smirked and got up. "Oh nothing sir, we've just never seen a person be so down bad for another guy besides maverick and Iceman." He said.

Cyclone felt caught. "What are you talking about!?"

"Beau? Who are you yelling at?" Warlock said. That... that did not help Cyclones case.

"Our pilots... they're  being. Nosy. I'm going to get them out of here. I'll be right back." He said as he started to drag them all out of the little area.

"You little bastards... back off okay. Your focus should be on getting ready to be sent out for a mission at any minute. Don't worry about my... issue." Cyclone said.

The group chuckled and looked at him. "It's okay to say you like him." Fanboy said.

Cyclone looked at him and shook his head. "I cannot and will not. Understood? Now go get dressed and head to the ramp." They all nodded and ran off.

They all chuckled as they got to the mess hall. They found a little spot to sit, while making space for Maverick and Ice.

Phoenix started to eat as she heard her name over the intercom. Same with rooster. They raised a brow and got up running up to the ramp.

They saw Mondo up there. "Mondo?"

"We have a report of two jets coming at us. I need you two to go up and do recon and if needed, defend." He said. Phoenix nodded with Rooster and ran off to the gear room.

They pulled on their g suits and grabbed their helmets. She walked out as the other showed up on the ramp. Bob ran over to her.

"What's happening?" He said. She looked at him. "We have a report of two bandits in the air, so we need to go up just in case it's time for us to have a dogfight." She said as she pulled her helmet on.

Bob looked kinda scared for her. She chuckled and tugged him down by his collar and kissed him. "I'll be fine cutie. Just chill in mission control just in case I need someone to encourage me." She chuckled as she climbed into her jet.

Bob was shocked as he walked away. "She is brave." He said as he went to the sidelines. Rooster said his goodbyes to hangman and waited for Phoenix to take off.

After she did, Rooster followed suit. The two flew up to about 10,000 feet to get a good view of everything from an altitude that they could watched undetected.

"How long have you been dating Jake at this point?" Phoenix suddenly asked. Rooster thought about it. "About a month and a week Why?"

"When do you want to settle?" She asked as she looked outside for something.

Rooster honestly had no idea. He really didn't think he would get this far in anything relationship wise. He honestly thought he was going to date or marry just to fulfill something else besides being an aviator.

"I... I didn't think I would make it this far Phoenix. I thought nothing would work out, but here we are." He said as he banked to the right. She followed him.

"I'm going to be blunt. I thought I was going to die years ago. But, I guess I'm here for a reason at this point." He said. She nodded slightly.

"Same here.... I just thought I was gonna crash and not be well enough to fly again." She said as she looked around a bit more. "Do you think it's bad I think that Bob...-" she quickly disconnected her audio from the base.

"Do you think it's bad that I think Bob is the one? Like... we've only been dating for a few weeks, and it feels like I've found the only person I love.... He cares for me, he treats me like a princess but treats me like a powerhouse, he spoils me, he has been with me through thick and thin...." She said.

Rooster disconnected from the base and nodded. "It's not bad to think someone you've been dating for a few months is the one you want. I know for a fact I want to marry Jake. He has made everything more fun, better, exciting, and just... just vibrant." He said with a soft smile.

"He would be an awesome dad." Rooster said. "Oh my gosh, imagine, I get to be auntie Natasha." She said just smiling thinking about it.

"Imagine you and Bob having a cute ass kid. A little girl with black or blonde hair with a fierce attitude like her mother." Rooster said. Phoenix actually thought about it.

"He's amazing with kids. He's such a wonderful teacher. He would be spectacular with children..." she said. "But... I'd like to get to know his family before wanting to try and put a ring on it, but I think he'd probably want to propose." She said.

"Nat, he would marry you without hesitation if you proposed to him." He said as he banked left this time. She followed behind.

"Honestly... yeah. He would." She said with a chuckle as she plugged her coms back in. She watched as suddenly her radar went off.

"Someone is near us." She said as she looked around. Suddenly a bandit appeared. She banked and dove down towards the water. " USS Abraham Lincoln, have located one bandit. Currently searching for the other." She said as she switched to guns and chased after the jet.

Rooster dove and stayed by Phoenix as she shot down her first jet. "Alright... there has to be a second one." She said as she looked around, trying to find a tally.

She stopped when as she banked right, she just barely missed a missile. The force of the explosive shook her wings and made her loose control slightly.

"Phoenix!" Rooster said. She panicked and fixed herself as the enemy jet came at she again. She started to go up as the enemy jet started to race right behind her. Rooster struggled to get a lock.

Phoenixs vision started to go blurry as she was starting to hit 8.5 Gs... she did he breaths as rooster shot the jet behind her. She finally leveled out and panted as she caught her breath.

"You okay?" Rooster asked her.

"Yeah.. yeah I'm okay."