Farewells

"Here I am." Rooster said with a soft smile. Exhaustion covered his face.

"Tired?" Hangman said.

"Very..." rooster said with a chuckle. He thought of his conversation with Phoenix. He knew he wanted to spend the rest of his life with this man. But how does one even ask about that?

Then he had an idea. "How did you know you wanted to marry Henry?" Rooster asked. Hangman looked up from what he was doing and thought about it. "Hm... I knew after I saw him interacting with kids. He just looked so happy and I knew I wanted to keep that smile in my life."

Hangman looked at Rooster. "Why?"

Rooster looked at him and then looked down. "I... I want to know when I feel I should ask for your hand..." Rooster said as he looked at his hands. He felt Hangman looking at him intently.

He looked up and saw Hangmans shoved look on his face. "What..."

"We've been dating for a month and a few weeks and it feels too early to ask for your hand, so, I'm trying to figure out when I should marry you ." Rooster said quickly and nervously.

Hangman walked over to him and held Rooster hands which prompted him to look up at Hangman. "After the war? Where we both will be together?"

"Yeah... after the war. Where we know the hard part is over." Rooster said. Hangman teared up with a soft smile and stood up to kiss him. Hangman wrapped his arms around his neck gently as Rooster broke the kiss ever so slightly. "Wanna marry me... after this war?"

Hangman looked at him and smiled softly. "Absolutely..." Rooster smiled and kissed his cheek. "Now we're engaged." Rooster said with a chuckle. "And I'm sorry I don't have a ring."

"I don't need a ring to be your fiancé." Hangman said. "Plus... you don't have the best jewelry taste. Probably get me a ring pop."

"Wow... how'd you know?" Rooster said as he rolled his eyes.

"I just know you so well."

Obviously shortly after, Jake texted his mom and told her the lovely news to which she screamed in joy over the phone.

And even shortly after the call, he saw on His mothers Facebook's her excitement towards the engagement. Rooster was passed on mavericks bunk as hangman suddenly realized he forgot to mention his older brother to rooster.

He suddenly got a call. He saw the name and sighed. "Yes?"

"I saw your engagement."

Jakes brother. Daniel Seresin, actually, correction, Commander Daniel Seresin.

Jake and Daniel were not on speaking terms at the moment particularly. "Cool." Jake said.

"Well, congrats. See you around." Daniel hung up. Hangman did not like that last part. He didn't want to see his brother at all.

He just plugged his phone in and went to cuddle with Rooster.

The ship was silent as Bob was packing to head back to land. He needed to get back to get ready for the new school week.

He was rather pleased he was now in the Reserves, but, he was nervous to leave Natasha here. She was still due to be out here for five more months. He didn't know what He was going to do without her but he knew he'd be okay.

He placed all his clothes in his bag and placed the bag by the door. He glanced over at Natasha who was still asleep in her bunk. He walked over and sat by her and kissed her cheek. She shifted slightly as she started to wake up.

She saw Bob sitting there. She tiredly glanced around her room and saw his bags by the Door. She sighed and looked at him. "Time for me to head back inland." He said.

She sat up and nodded slightly. "I guessed so." She said sadly. She leaned her head against him and sighed softly.

He looked at her and kissed her cheek. "I'll see you back at port." She nodded and kissed his cheek and then his neck slightly.

"See you in five months." She said. He nodded. "Stay here and sleep, I don't need you to walk me okay? You have a mission later in the morning. Don't rush yourself."

She nodded and just walked him to her door. She opened it slowly and then pulled him into a kiss. He kissed her back as he picked up his bag.

"See you later..." she said.

"See you." He smiled softly and walked down the hall. She sighed and closed her room door. She laid in her bunk awake until she heard the helicopter take off.

She then got a text.

7 Ducklings

Hangman; Phoenix, want some company?

Rooster: ^^

Fanboy; ^^

Payback: ^^

Coyote: ^^

Phoenix: sure

They all made it down to her room and chilled and slept in there till the morning. They were all sticking together, especially when they were missing a person.

They knew she was missing him already, but they were going to be there to help her out.

Ice wheeled Maverick out to the ramp as a medically supported helicopter was getting loaded. Maverick and him were getting sent back to the Mainland.

The seven ducklings minus Bob were sitting by the ramp, waiting for the duo to show up. Ice saw them and decided to wheel maverick over to them.

The six saw him and cheered seeing him awake and well. "Maverick!" Everyone cheered. Rooster walked over and knelt down in front of Maverick. "You alright dad?"

Maverick looked at his bandages and sling. "I've had worse." He chuckled. Rooster smiled softly at that and gently hugged him. "I'll see you in four months. Alright?"

"Sounds good to me..." Maverick said as ice patted Roosters shoulder. "Be safe Bradley."

"I will. We all will." Rooster said as the others came over. They all then each put something in Mavericks good hand. Maverick raise a brow as he inspected what they had given him.

"We figured we would give you our dog tags. We're very confident we're coming home, so, we're giving you those so that when we come back you can give us each our dog tags back." Hangman said.

Maverick smiled softly and looked at them all. "Thank you... thank you all... I can't wait to give them back when you all port." Maverick said with a soft smile.

Hondo then called for maverick and ice. "See you kids around. When you get back, we will have a barbecue!" He said as Ice started to wheel maverick to the helicopter.

"We have good kids mav..." ice said.

"That we do."