Fathers

Hangman drove with Rooster to go to Maverick and Ices place.

Rooster knew Maverick was going to kill the both of them, but that wasn't a concern.

"Think he's going to be excited?" Rooster asked Hangman who looked deep in thought. So deep in thought he didn't hear him.

"Jake?" Rooster said. Hangman looked at him. "Yes?"

"Did you hear what I said?" Rooster asked him. "I'm sorry... no." Hangman said being annoyed with himself.

"It's fine..." rooster said sensing something was off. "You okay?"

"Yeah... just nervous. I mean... we left four months ago just dating, and now we're engaged..." he said as he rubbed his neck.

Rooster sighed softly and reached over and held one of his hands. "Since when did the cocky, sarcastic boyfriend of mine become so worried about everything?" Hangman squeezed his hand.

"Since I am marrying the son of legends. I don't want to make a fool out of myself or you." Hangman said. Rooster sighed and rubbed his knuckles.

"Don't worry about that anymore... I may be the son of legends, but I am marrying one. Don't forget that." Rooster said.

Hangman smiled faintly at that. "A legend huh..."

Maverick was in the house making some lunch for him and Ice. "Dang... another month." Mav said as Ice typed away on his computer.

"Frustrating isn't it..." Ice said as he started to close his computer as Mav placed his lunch in front of him. "Thank you." He said as he started to eat.

"No problem. And yes it is." Maverick said as he started to eat his food across from Ice. Ice looked at him and looked at the scars on his face from when he was a POW.

He even noticed Maverick still had a limp from his leg injury. "How are you feeling today?" Ice asked mav.

Maverick looked at him. "Hm... good question. I'm not even sure myself really." He said as he actually started to think about it.

"I'm really tired. I think I'm exhausting myself at this point being a flight instructor. My body still hurts from my whole POW situation, my mind isn't in the right place anymore and I miss our kid." He said as he took another bite.

Ice knew he was struggling but not this much. "Well... have you thought of retiring?" Ice said as he took a sip of his tea.

"Oh I already submitted a request."

Ice choked on his tea. He never thought he would hear maverick said those words. Ice was also the one who was going to process his retirement request.

Before Ice could said anything Mav chuckled. "Surprise. The paperwork will be on your desk probably tomorrow." Maverick said. Ice instead stayed silent.

"The navy doesn't need me anymore Ice. It needs Phoenix, Hangman, Rooster, Fanboy, Coyote, and Payback. Plus, they all learned from me. There will be plenty of Mavericks." Mav said with a laugh.

Ice simply stood up and extended his hand to Mav. Mav raised a brow and took his hand and stood. He was pulled into a hug. Maverick simply close his eyes and hugged him back.

"Is this what you want?" Ice asked.

"Yes... it is now what I want." Maverick said quietly.

"Okay... as long as it's what you want." Ice pulled from the hug and smiled softly. Ice kissed maverick gently as he heard a car pull up outside.

Mav broke the kiss slightly as he looked over at the door. "Did you order something?"

"No?" Ice said as he walked over with him to the door. They opened the front door as they heard car doors shut.

The moment the door opened, maverick couldn't run outside faster. "Bradley!" He ran over to his kid and hugged him. Rooster hugged him tightly and teared up.

"I'm home!" He said.

Ice smiled softly and walked over to Rooster and hugged him as well. Maverick was looking like he was going to cry. Hangman got out of the car as maverick saw the ring on Roosters finger.

Hangman felt so nervous. Rooster looked over at him and motioned him to come over. He really was nervous to until ice walked over to him and Hugged him.

"Welcome home, Jake." Jake teared up slightly and hugged Ice back. "Thank you, Sir."

Maverick sighed and then proceeded to punched Roosters arm. "How dare you trick me into thinking you're gonna be out at sea for an another whole ass month!? Are you insane kid! You're just as mischievous as your father!" Maverick said as rooster laughed in response.

Hangman and Ice just watched. "Who proposed?" Ice asked.

"Ah, both of us." Hangman said as he smiled softly.

"Nice... I'm happy for you both and proud of you." Ice said. Hangman looked at him confused.

"Proud, sir?"

"The ring you used was the one you showed me that was going to your ex fiancée.... You're making progress wether you believe it or not. I'm proud of you for that, and plus, you kept him alive for a 5 month deployment." Ice said with a chuckle.

Hangman looked at Rooster. He was making progress.... He truly was. He looked at Ice.

"Thank you sir..." he nodded as the whole group started to walk into the house. They all were smiling and laughing.

Everyone felt a happiness and relief that everyone was back home. They all were together again, and were a big ole family.

As everyone was walking inside, Rooster noticed hangman straggling behind. He took his hand into his and turned towards him. "Jake..."

"I'm nervous..."

"Jake Seresin soon to be Jake Seresin - Bradshaw, this is your home just as much as it is mine. We are in this together now... understand?"

Hangman nodded and took a deep breath. "Good... now, put on that stupid grin of yours, crack out your okay jokes, and that sarcasm."

"It sounds like your insulting me, Bradshaw"

"Take it however you want, Seresin." Rooster said with a chuckle. Hangman smiled softly before pulling him into a gentle kiss.

"You're lucky we're gonna be married."