☆73. A Reward☆

"I don't know what he talked about"

Mr. Park was talking on the call while wandering around in the living room when Lixue entered.

"I know it is risky and I should stop it here because of my reputation in politics but that Jeon definitely has something to tell. Keep your eyes on him, I want to know what it is so exciting he was so proud of to know. I don't want it to reach somewhere else before me, you understand that?"

Lixue watched and heard him say when he wasn't facing her.

"I believe, we weren't allowed to mention a Jeon in this house" Lixue broke in and the Mayor abruptly turned to look at her, hanging up on the call on the silent note.

"It's not that Jeon. It's work related, somebody else" He shrugged and Lixue just nodded while sitting down with a sigh. "How's the fever? Didn't doctor tell you to rest?"

"That hotel manager guy from the auction, who confessed he had a chain similar to Jihyun..." Lixue started but Mr. Park didn't uttur a sigh of disappointment on her this time for keep believing everyone on the matter.

"What about him?" Mr. Park, all of the sudden questioned and Lixue just looked at him, he never takes interest in the topic either. She was hoping to get a lecture instead about how she should learn to move on but not that question from him.

"Have you heard of the place 'Wacko Street'?" She asked.

"Yes, I am sick of that place" Mr. Park stated. "What about it?"

"That boy belongs from there" Lixue told him and he just frowned.

"How do you know? We couldn't see his face"

"Somebody told me" She replied.

"Lixue..."

"I know. It isn't our baby Jimin. I'm giving up" Lixue cut him off, on her own and Mr. Park just sighed while pecking her forehead.

"So, you fell sick because of this information" Mr. Park realized. "How many times you were tricked by random people offering their kids to get the inheritance? Nobody was our Jimin. You have to admit that he is no longer alive. We couldn't find him, do you really want me to elaborate what chances could be that we didn't find his corpse in the wildlife?"

"He wasn't eaten by any animal. It wasn't his blood on his clothes. Why this thing didn't make sense to you?" Lixue complained.

"Not with the blood thing again, we had the whole research, everyday..."

"Because somebody took him. Maybe they put him on that prostitution zone" Lixue tried to explain.

"Now that's very novelty of you to think. That's impossible, I arrested 49 people upon suspicions for seven years. There is no way somebody was able to do that to my child. You just mentioned it can't be Jimin" Mr. Park raised his eyebrow at her and she sighed.

"Yeah, it's all in my head" She mumbled with crossed arms.

"I'm running late for an errand. See you at dinner, okay? Rest well and no sneakings" Mr. Park stated while patting her hair and Lixue nodded, watching him leave.

As soon as he was no longer in vew, Lixue's innocent looking frown turned into a smirk. "I think... I know what to do until dinner" She talked to himself while poking her both index fingers together.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Jimin's POV

"It's a really bigger size" I stated with a sigh while fixing a red knitted turtleneck shirt on myself over black leather pants as I walked, holding Melody in my arm as the baby was in a white t-shirt and matching baby cargo pants, wrapped in a purple fluffy blanket, playing with my new gold chain.