1. seven

"the moon hung over the planet earth, a dead thing over a dying thing." - john fowles

"Oh, you're the sweetest little baby ever, aren't you, Jack?" Delilah whispered to the baby in her arms.

She, Hotch, Hayley, JJ, Penelope and Spencer were stood by the elevators, Delilah holding baby Jack so he could meet his aunt Delilah.

"I am going to absolutely spoil you. It's my job, as your auntie Lilah," Delilah whispered.

Jack stared up at her with wide eyes and Delilah smiled, moving her hand. He grabbed hold of her pointer finger, squeezing tightly with his whole fist. Delilah giggled, Hayley cooing over him.

"Oh, Liv is going to love him," Delilah told Hayley.

"I'm stopping by the hospital on my way home so she can meet him on her coffee break," Hayley said.

"Wait, how does she know Olivia?" Derek walked over with a frown.

"Oh, Olivia's friend was our OB, and we've known them for years," Hotch said.

"How is that fair?" Derek asked.

"Because they won't do things with my sister that I'm not gonna say around my nephew," Delilah mumbled, kissing Jack's forehead before carefully handing him over to Hayley.

"You want one of them?" Penelope asked Derek.

"I'll stick to practicing," Derek said.

"Good call," Delilah said.

"What about you? Any kids?" Derek said, looking at Delilah.

Delilah shrugged, looking at the ground for a few seconds. Her fingers twisted around her ring before she shoved her hands in her back pockets of her jeans.

"Probably not. I'm fine being aunt Lilah and giving them back when they cry," Delilah said.

"Never?" Penelope pouted. "But baby Lilah's would be precious!"

Delilah rolled her eyes, a small smile on her face.

"They would be, but, no," she said. "Tell Liv to pop one out. She's older than me," Delilah said.

"We should get going. We'll see you all later, and I will send many photos of Jack with auntie Liv," Hayley said, putting Jack into his pram.

"Can't wait. Bye, little guy," Delilah waved at Jack and Hayley before heading through the bullpen to the conference room for their case.

"Crawford family. Murdered 3 days ago," Gideon said.

They were in the conference room with crime photos on the boards, Delilah sat at the table as she stared at them.

"Saw it on the news," Derek nodded, sitting at the table.

"They were found in the basement of their house," Gideon said.

"Bags packed for a vacation they never took," JJ said.

"Report said it was a murder/suicide. Father stabbed the mom, then shot himself," Derek said.

"That's the conclusion Maryland State police came to. The gun was found next to the father. Had gunpowder residue on his right hand," JJ said.