2. twenty seven

AN: happy scheduled update day my dudes! i have really enjoyed this spree over the weekend so, to be nice, have some jj and delilah🫶

also, there's a few questions regarding the delilah jj murder wife spin-off at the end of the next chapter. if you guys are interested, please drop a comment and have a say. i'm open to all suggestions💗

"i'm afraid of a lot of things, but mostly, most sincerely, i am afraid of being completely unraveled by you, and you finding nothing you want in here." - l.m dorsey

Delilah sat on the steps outside the BAU, a cigarette between her lips and jacket pulled tight around her chest. She stared up at the stars, taking periodic drags as she tapped her foot impatiently.

The door opened behind her and she heard footsteps, then they stopped.

"Delilah?" JJ said.

Delilah stood up, wincing at the stiffness in her body for sitting in the cold for an hour waiting for JJ to leave after the Hankel case. She pulled her car keys out of her pocket, unlocking her car and starting to walk over.

"You coming?" Delilah called over her shoulder.

She heard JJ's footsteps follow her. Delilah took the last drag of her cigarette and flicked it into the trashcan nearby, getting in the driver's side and turning the engine on, putting the heat on full blast. JJ slid into the passenger seat, putting her seatbelt on.

Delilah pulled out of the parking lot, watching the road as she drove them back to Delilah's apartment in silence. The drive seemed longer than usual, probably from the exhaustion of the past few days.

They arrived in the parking lot and Delilah parked beside Liv's empty spot, turning the engine off and getting out. She locked the car, following JJ towards the doors and into the apartment building.

"Hey, Delilah, JJ," Steve waved from the front desk.

"Hey, Steve," the women said, heading to the elevator.

They headed up to the apartment in silence, Delilah unlocking the door. The alarm was set and the entire apartment was silent.

Delilah turned the alarm off and flicked the lights on, closing the door behind JJ and locking it.

"Liv's working. She's had trauma patients all day," Delilah said.

"Oh," JJ said.

"Go get a shower. I'll make some food and tea," she said.

"Okay," JJ said, walking down the hallway to Delilah's bedroom.

Delilah made tea and toast, setting it in the living room and moving back to the kitchen, grabbing some painkillers and a bottle of water. She sat down on the couch, taking two painkillers and sipping her tea, turning the television on.

JJ walked back down the hallway in the t-shirt she always wore when she stayed with Delilah, her hair wet and hanging down against the back of the t-shirt. She sat on the sofa beside Delilah, taking a bite of her toast with a sigh.

"Thanks," JJ mumbled.

"Yeah," Delilah said, picking up her own toast.

They didn't speak. They let the sound of Friends play over the TV and ate their toast in silence. They drank their tea in silence, then Delilah cleaned the dishes away in silence.