1. sixteen

"i didn't feel at home in life." - anne sexton

"How's it going?" Hotch asked, joining Spencer, Derek and Delilah as they flicked through files.

"The unsub's in here somewhere. You gotta bet that the police talked to him in their initial canvass," Derek said.

"Maybe not. Our unsub is a solitary individual. He isn't the type of guy to insert himself into an investigation. Wouldn't it make more sense that he wouldn't have answered the door during the initial canvass?" Spencer asked.

"Neighborhood was crawling with cops, canine units, search and rescues. Make him nervous and jumpy, he'd want to avoid them at all costs," Hotch said.

"So then he couldn't allow anyone into his home to ask routine questions even if the girl was bound or gagged because it'd be too risky," Derek said.

"It's next to impossible to control breathing, speech patterns, body language when the body's under extreme duress," Delilah said.

"Maybe if we compare hotline tips with anyone who wasn't at home during the initial canvass," Spencer said.

"Or didn't answer their door," Derek said.

"We'll find our unsub," Spencer said.

"Let's get to it," Hotch said.

Delilah nodded, moving to the sargeant to get the list they needed.

"Agent Bellerose?"

Delilah looked up from the file she was checking, seeing one of the officers waving her over.

"Yeah," she said.

"This the kinda thing you're looking for?" he said, holding out a file.

Delilah took it, reading it and raising her eyebrows.

"Derek, Spencer," she said.

"Yeah," they walked over.

"A Mr. Lomax has a neighbor with a green SUV, but he hasn't seen him all day. Says that's unusual. Thought he might have been out of town, but now he sees some lights on over there. 1106 Springfield," Delilah said.

"Where's our canvass sheets?" Derek said. Spencer grabbed them, scanning the list.

"1106. 1100 block. 1106... No answer," Spencer said.

"Let's go talk with Mr. Lomax," Derek said.

"Nice call," Delilah told the officer.

"Thanks," he said. "Good luck."

"Thanks," Delilah said, following Spencer and Derek out of the station.

"Mr. Lomax?" Derek called as Delilah , Spencer and he walked over to the person who'd called in a tip. "Agent Morgan. Agent Reid. Agent Bellerose. FBI," he said.

"Holy smokes! That was fast," Mr Lomax gasped, walking over from the middle of his lawn.

"Did you call in a tip about your neighbor, Don Curtis?" Derek asked.

"Lives down the street. I saw the news thing, you know? I was thinking... Don drives a dark green Explorer, and he's at the park all the time. I figured like they said on the television maybe he knows something but he doesn't know that he knows it. Know what I mean?" Mr Lomax said.