3. fifteen

AN: HAPPY ONE YEAR OF HEART LIKE YOURS WOOO🎉🥳

so first of all i'm a twat and the anniversary is today not yesterday hence why i didn't update🌝

BUT i'm updating now and it's 7500 ish words so? it makes up for it!

thank you so much to everyone who's read this book and stuck by delilah and her crazy little mind since you found us! i know a few of you have been here from the legit start when i had like 5 chapters up which is so insane because we've got to watch lilah grow up over the past year together! so yeah thank you all so much for reading and commenting and voting, you have no idea how much it means to me that you all love lilah! here's to the next year of her and her bullshit :)

so, with that being said, here's todays update!

TW:
mental breakdowns/panic attacks
discussions of child abuse/child death
discussions of delilah's dad
mention of drugs and violence
discussions of abductions/disappearances

if i've missed any please do let me know so i can add them to the list :)

i hope you all enjoy, and happy one year again from me and lilah! <3

"when you finally go back to your old home, you find it wasn't the old home you missed but your childhood." - sam ewing

Delilah walked down the hill about twenty minutes later once Colin and Nora were safely out of the way, hood pulled up and a cigarette between her lips. Her eyes darted around the quiet street, landing on the bench that her visitor was sat on. Delilah walked over, sitting on the bench and holding out her cigarette silently.

She took it, taking a long drag before handing it back to Delilah.

"You didn't call me until now," Delilah said. "You knew I wouldn't find you."

"You could've. You didn't look."

"Would you have wanted me to?"

"No. I wouldn't."

"How did you keep tabs on me if there's been no breaches in the FBI security?"

"You might be incredibly careful about hiding who you are, Lilah, but I'm afraid the rest of the team isn't as smart as you when it comes to that. Morgan posted a photograph of him and Garcia in a bar, and your bag was on the table. I recognised your ring in another photo Garcia posted. And, then, of course, Haley's Facebook statuses after Jack has had a day with his aunt Lilah or aunt Liv."

"You sound like a stalker," Delilah laughed, handing the last of her cigarette over. "Doesn't explain how you found me here."

"You drove past me last night on the highway when there was that big traffic jam. I turned around and came back."

"What were you doing here in the first place? There's literally nothing interesting about this town."

"I think a prolific child molester turned serial killer is an interesting thing about this town."

Delilah sighed heavily, turning her head to look at the person sitting beside her.

Elle Greenaway stared back at her, a sad smile on her face.

"If it's any consolation, I found everything out by accident," Elle said. "And I don't think I have all the facts right."

Delilah nodded slowly, shoving her hands in her pockets and standing up.