2. one

"but i am not allowed to forget the taste of the tears of yesterday." - anna akhmatova

"Hey, Lilah, you need to wake up," JJ whispered two hours later, shaking Delilah awake gently.

Delilah groaned, blinking her heavy eyes a few times as she adjusted to the sunlight coming through the blinds.

"What's up? Is everyone okay?" Delilah mumbled.

"Everyone's fine. Gideon wants you to come with Morgan and I to meet Rebecca's parents. It's a few hours drive. You can sleep more on the way," JJ said.

"I'm in. Let me brush my teeth and change my shirt and we can go," Delilah said, getting off the couch. "Thanks for letting me stay here," she added on her way to the door.

"Anything for you, Lilah," JJ smiled sweetly.

Delilah left the office and detoured via her desk to grab her go bag, taking a quick five minutes to freshen up in the bathroom. She dropped her bag back off at her desk and headed to the elevator, seeing JJ and Derek waiting for her.

"How are you feeling, grumpy guts?" Derek said.

"Grumpy guts? What, am I a cat, or something?" Delilah smiled. "I'm feeling better. No urge to vomit, no urge to cut up your shirt, no urge to take enough painkillers to kill a small child. I think my hangover is gone," Delilah said.

"Thank god. I was not about to do this drive with you if you were all grumpy again," Derek said.

Delilah rolled her eyes fondly.

"Well, thank you for that," she said. "Can we get coffee on the way?"

"Sure. You're paying with your black card," Derek said.

"I haven't even got a black card, you ass," Delilah laughed. "My dad does, but we're not allowed to use it after Liv tried to buy a hospital. Dad was not impressed," Delilah said.

"Why did she want to buy a hospital?" Derek said.

"Because it's Liv," JJ chuckled. "Do you need any more information?"

"Good point," Derek said.

"Okay, let's think about this logically," Delilah said.

She, JJ and Derek were on their way to Rebecca's parents' house. JJ and Derek were in the front, Delilah sat in the middle in the back with a redbull in her hands.

"She was sixteen when she was abducted. She's eighteen, now. Her birthday was in August," JJ said.

"Two years in that little cell," Delilah said.

"Alright, let's go over this one more time. She took off for school, but never got there, correct?" Derek said.

"Correct," JJ said.

"None of the neighbors saw her that morning?" Derek said.

"It doesn't even appear that they canvassed at all," JJ said.

"Ok, JJ, I need you to see if the originating detective can meet us at the house 'cause there's just something really funky about this whole investigation," Derek said.

"Agreed," Delilah said.

"Well, I will as soon as we re-enter the world of cell phone service," JJ sighed, holding up her phone with a frown.