2. two

"i think i've come to terms with the fact that there will always be a ribbon of loneliness running through who i am." - jenny slate

Delilah followed JJ and Derek into the conference room two hours later, looking around to see Spencer, Penelope and a woman with short blonde hair.

"He thinks he's the fisher king," Spencer said.

"Who does?" Derek asked.

"Randall Garner, our unsub," Spencer said.

"He believes you're all modern-day knights of the round table," the woman said.

"Derek Morgan, Delilah Bellerose, this is my mother, Diana Reid," Spencer said, motioning to the woman.

"It's your mother?" Derek said. "Ma'am, it's a... it's a pleasure to meet you," he said.

"Hey," Delilah said, sitting at the table with a sigh.

"So, where are we on finding this son of a bitch?" Hotch said, walking into the room quickly.

"I rechecked all the clues. There's nothing that points to an address," Spencer said.

"The adoption records for Rebecca listed an address of the fire, so I made a call to Nevada, and it's vacant. No one ever rebuilt," JJ said.

"Nevada? So we don't even know what state he's in?" Hotch said.

"I'll search the tax records, see if he owns any property," Penelope said.

"Excuse me," Diana said.

"Mom, do you want to wait at-" Spencer started, moving to stand at his mother's side.

"Just before the agents got me from the hospital, a man delivered this to me. It's a photo of a house with an address on the back," Diana said, pulling a photograph out of her purse.

"Shiloh, Virginia?" Derek said.

"That's only 10 miles from here," Delilah said.

Hotch looked around for a few seconds.

"Derek, Delilah, Spencer, let's go," he said.

JJ looked at Delilah with a small frown.

"Have you slept enough?" JJ asked.

"I'm good. Don't worry," Delilah said, squeezing her shoulder as she stood up.

"Be careful, all of you," JJ said.

"We will be," Derek said, following Delilah and Hotch out of the room, Spencer quickly assuring Diana she was fine in the BAU before following them.

Delilah, Hotch, Derek, Spencer and the SWAT team crept towards the address Diana had given them, stopping at a pair of iron gates.

"Heads up, guys. It's open," Hotch whispered.

The SWAT team pushed them open, all of them moving towards the house. The SWAT guys opened the door, all of them starting to sweep through with their torches and guns raised.

"Hotch?" Derek whispered, waving them over to a table.

He had Elle's ID in his hands, handing it to Hotch and looking around.

"Guys, listen up. He wants us to know we're in the right place, so keep your eyes open. Let's go," Derek whispered.

They headed through another door, Delilah ducking around a corner into a hallway that opened up into a lounge. She crept through, appearing in a doorway that led to a downstairs entryway.