3. thirty five

AN: hey guys! happy sad monday!

but of a big one again for us, 10,300 ish words? yikes! this is also the second to last chapter for s3 so there will not be an update for liv and jace's books next week bc i'm sick of s3 :)

TWs:
mentions of child abuse
mentions of sex trafficking
mentions of child torture
nightmares
spicy deja vu
mentions of torture

please let me know if i forgot any so i can add them! there isn't much detail for most of the things mentioned but i wanna be on the safe side!

i'll see you guys next week! <333

"i miss liv. i miss liv more than i miss eli. i love them both, but she raised me, and he hates me. that's why he left. that's why he hasn't called since. he won't answer my calls. i want to tell him about what dad is doing, but he wouldn't believe me. nobody will ever believe me." - I.M, entry 61F

Everything was dark.

The blindfold probably didn't help, but, still. Everything was dark. The room was dark. The blindfold was black. There was no noise or smell in the room. Delilah couldn't feel anything because the room was empty and she was in the middle of the room.

Well, technically, there were cameras set up that could see her despite the darkness, but she couldn't see them. She also knew Evie was somewhere in here, because this was sensory deprivation training.

By taking away her most vital sense, her sight, Delilah had to rely on her other four to guide her through this training session. It would be damned near impossible because Evie was going to hit her, and Delilah had to fight back.

Rather, it would be damned near impossible if Delilah hadn't trained this way a few times before, but it had been years since and she was out of practice because the BAU didn't require the level of training that going undercover did.

And the basement didn't count towards sensory deprivation training. Except, maybe it did, because Delilah knew she needed to face her fears of losing her senses and being able to remain in control after Elliot had psychologically tortured her for three weeks and kept her and Ziggy in the dark for days on end just to trick them into thinking it was one eternally long day.

Either way, she was training to be better. Get smarter, get stronger, get back in control.

Delilah shifted on her feet, fists clenched at her sides as she waited for the starting beep.

It was a monotone flat beep, almost like a door being controlled by a buzzer.

Delilah's body tensed the moment she heard it. Her chest was tight with anxiety, but this was the best place to relearn this because she was doing it with Evie, and Evie wouldn't hurt her too much.

"Begin phase one," the automated voice said.

Delilah stayed still. She focused on her other senses, trying to tune into Evie.

Phase one: location. Find Evie. Feel her in the room and announce her location by memorising the quadrant map of the testing stimulater and announcing the right combination. If she was correct, there would be a higher pitched beep. If she was wrong, there would be a lower pitched beep.

Delilah was stood in E5. The north wall to the south wall were the first nine letters of the alphabet. The east wall to the west wall were the first nine numbers. Evie had blindfolded Delilah and moved away silently.