2. twenty two

"no one will ever be able to knock the wind out of me again. not like that. not like you." - trista mateer

Delilah woke up to a bird screeching in the air. She groaned, rubbing her face as she sat up off the outdoor couch and ran her hand through her hair, blinking around at the roof she'd ended up on.

The cold December sun was shining down on her and putting a chilling ache in her bones that made her body stiff as she stumbled to her feet. She slipped her feet into her heels and tightened her jacket around her chest, grabbing her phone out of the pocket and turning it back on.

She sighed and walked towards the door off the roof, putting in the pin and stepping into the small area in front of the elevator. She pressed the button and the machine whirred into action, the staff elevator coming up as her phone came back on.

Her screen lit up with messages, messages from Liv, JJ, Derek, Hotch, Penelope, Spencer, even a few from Jace and Naya. There were also missed calls from Liv, JJ and Dave. Derek and Hotch were checking Delilah got home safe, while the other messages were more interesting.

Penelope:

Okay, when were you going to tell me about Jace Bryant?

Seriously???? I hate you so much for not telling me about this man's existence.

Derek Morgan is impressive.... buttt.... Jace Bryant....

I think I might be a little bit in love

I'm glad sleeping with Liv's friends was never off limits.

Not that I've slept with him.

Yet.

I may sleep with him.

I'm sorry, I'm drunk.

Bet you wouldn't have guessed it with my great spelling skills

Okay I love you bye I love you bye

Delilah took a deep breath, rubbing her face and then clicking off Penelope's messages as she got onto the elevator and pressed the button for the ground floor. Jace's messages weren't any better.

Jace:

dude

penelope garcia????????

a tech genius, a fashionista and she's funny?

not to mention her dropdead gorgeous face?????

i can't believe i'm lucky enough that she likes men

we, as in i'm speaking for the men, do not deserve her

Delilah just clicked right back off the text chain, thumb hovering over Naya's messages for a moment before finally clicking onto them.

Naya:

i'm gonna climb spencer reid like a treeee

i'm legit serioes lilaa

this man is goign to be my smartypants hubby one day

i'm planning it out

like a mastermind or some shit

Delilah then moved onto Spencer's single message.

Spencer:

Inaya Bryant is beautiful and funny and the epitome of chaos in the best way.