1. twenty five

"my heart is a cathedral. widows, ghosts and lovers sit and sing in the dark, arched marrow of me." - segovia amil

Delilah stood beside Gideon and Hotch in the conference room, Elle, Derek and Spencer sat around the table. The door opened and Kruger, Sanchez and Bruno walked into the room, looking at the BAU with raised eyebrows.

"What? What's going on?" Bruno asked.

"What are we doing here? You're pulling us away from our assignments? There's a woman out there whose life depends on us," Kruger said.

"Where's Olivia?" Sanchez said.

"Olivia Hopkins was murdered 10 minutes ago. Her neck was snapped," Hotch said.

"Just like John Summers," Delilah said.

Delilah stared at them, watching their expressions. Kruger clearly didn't believe them. Sanchez looked concerned. But Bruno? He just had a blank expression on his face.

Compartmentalization, or was he lying?

"What are you talking about? You're lying. Where is she? Look, people don't just get murdered inside the CIA," Kruger said, looking more alarmed as he realised they were not lying.

He saw Sanchez and Bruno looking at him and turned, glaring at them.

"What are you looking at?" Kruger scoffed.

"I realize the enormity of this, but Hassan Nadir is still out there looking to kill his wife, and I need every agent on this," Bruno said, looking at Gideon before leaving the room.

Gideon looked at Delilah before following Bruno.

Delilah headed out of the conference room, leaning against the stair railings as she watched Sanchez and Kruger head back to their desks. Sanchez stared at her computer for a few seconds before she shook her head, snapping back to work.

Kruger stared at his computer for longer. It was clear he was shocked by the news, even if his reaction had been more textbook guilty than anyone's. But Bruno's face was what caught Delilah's attention.

No matter how many colleagues you lost, a normal person would still feel guilt, especially when they were the boss. And nobody could hide their emotions quick enough to fool profilers. The fact that Bruno had no expression made Delilah believe he knew about Olivia's death before they told him.

Delilah chewed on the inside of her cheek, twisting her rings around her fingers as she glanced over her shoulder. Gideon was staring out of the window of Bruno's office. Delilah's eyes glanced over, then back to Gideon. He raised an eyebrow and she nodded once, heading down the stairs to make more coffee.

Gideon knew, now. All she had to do was wait for her next order like the trained spy she was.

Delilah leaned against the railing near the stairs again half an hour later, watching Elle and Spencer interrogate Kruger.

"Just because I lied about Olivia doesn't make me the mole," Kruger said.

"No, but the virus that took out the CCTV monitors does. It originated from your computer," Derek said, hurrying past Delilah to get to Kruger.

"Then whoever put it in my computer is trying to frame me!" Kruger said.

"Olivia was looking for something. She didn't find a thing. You know why? Because all of your files had been erased," Derek said.