1. ten

"the wounded recognise the wounded." - nora roberts

Gideon strode out of his office the next morning, hurrying down towards the bullpen where Spencer, Delilah and Elle were pouring over what files they did have on Russo, their mob leader.

"Success. Hotch and Morgan just shook Russo's confidence in his hit man," Gideon said, hurrying towards the elevators. The three agents hurried after him.

"He'll want to bring him in and get rid of him," Elle said.

"What if, by playing them against each other, we made Russo as paranoid as his hit man? What would stop them from trying to kill each other?" Spencer asked.

"If that happens, then we'll never find Jimmy Baker alive," Elle said.

"We got a surveillance team outside of Russo's office. Stay on it," Gideon said, disappearing into the elevator.

"C'mon, we need Penelope," Delilah said, hurrying towards Penelope's office.

They headed inside, watching as Penelope finished linking her servers up with their surveillance team.

"Is this gonna work?" Elle asked.

"The beam is reflected from the window pane according to the law of optics," Spencer said.

"Yeah, the angle of instance is equal to the angle of reflection," Penelope said.

"Is it gonna work?" Elle asked.

"Hey. It's me. I need to see you tonight. I'll call you from a secure line," a voice from Garcia's computer said loudly.

"Apparently," Delilah grinned.

"Hey. Listen, you brought a lot of heat taking down Freddy like that. - What? I'm dealing with the feds. Listen, meet me here at the office. They don't know nothin'. I'm dealing with them. Stop being paranoid, Vinnie," the voice came again.

"Bingo," Spencer muttered.

"No. Vinnie," Penelope and Delilah chorused, sharing a small grin.

"Let's knuckle down, figure out which Vinnie it is," Elle said.

Penelope nodded, starting to type on the computer.

"I will grab coffee," Delilah said.

"I'll help," Elle said.

The two of them left the office.

"Hey, about yesterday, I'm sorry for snapping. This case is just... It's horrific," Delilah looked at Elle.

"Hey, it's okay. Seriously. You can't work in this job without getting a little disturbed sometimes. But you can talk to me, if you ever need to. I didn't mean to push you into it. I just wanted you to know I'm here," Elle said.

"I know. Thank you," Delilah said.

She put on a fresh pot of coffee, Elle grabbing four cups for the four of them.

"Before I was on this team, I did some work with undercover agents," Delilah said quietly, looking at Elle. "And I know the stakes on this case. It's making me a little crazy while we try and find the guy," Delilah said.

"Thank you for telling me, Lilah," Elle smiled. "You need any help with anything? Anything I can do?"

"You can grab the creamer for my coffee," Delilah said.