1. twenty one

"god, how i ricochet between certainties and doubts." - sylvia plath

"Morning, Queen Lilah," Penelope called to Delilah as she walked into the bullpen a few days later.

"Morning, Pen," Delilah said, pulling her headphones out of her ears.

"So, Hotch is in already, obviously. Spencer and Gideon are in California right now doing some talks, and JJ is literally downstairs because I phoned her and asked her to grab more milk on her way in for coffee. Derek and Elle are on their way, I think," Penelope said.

"Okay," Delilah nodded, throwing her stuff onto her desk. "I need coffee," she said.

"Already waiting in the pot for you," Penelope grinned.

"I adore you," Delilah kissed Penelope's cheek, hurrying towards the kitchen to pour herself a coffee.

"Morning," JJ walked into the bullpen, holding a carton of milk in one hand. "For you," she said, handing it to Penelope.

"Just in time for Queen Lilah's coffee," Penelope beamed, handing the milk to Delilah.

"Thank you," Delilah said.

She made herself, Penelope and JJ coffees, handing them to the other girls and then sipping on her own.

"So, nice few days off?" Penelope asked Delilah.

"Yeah, they were nice. I'm starting to appreciate taking my vacation days instead of Hotch forcing me to take them," Delilah said.

"Then why do you look like you haven't slept?" Penelope asked.

"I never sleep," Delilah said.

"You've been getting better lately. Bad case?" Penelope asked, a worried look on her face.

"I'm fine, Pen. Seriously. You don't need to worry," Delilah forced a smile onto her face, squeezing Penelope's arm as she moved towards her desk.

"Okay," Penelope frowned, watching Delilah go.

"I've got her. Don't worry," JJ told Penelope, heading after Delilah towards her desk.

"Delilah?" Hotch opened his office door.

Delilah looked up from her coffee, eyebrows raised.

"Yeah?" she said.

"Here for a minute?"

Delilah nodded, putting her coffee down and heading towards him. He motioned for her to come into his office, closing the door behind her and shutting the blinds.

"What's wrong?" Delilah asked.

"I wanted to check you were okay after the anniversary," Hotch said.

"I'm fine," Delilah sighed. "You're as bad as Dave. He's been ringing me twice a day like I can't survive on my own. And Liv, bless her, she's the only one treating me normally," she said.

"I just want to make sure you're okay. That's it," Hotch said, sitting at his desk.

"I'm okay," Delilah said.

"It's okay if you're not," Hotch said.

"I thought we agreed the reason I ignore all of this stuff is because it didn't happen to me," Delilah said.

"We did. I can still check in," Hotch smiled.

"I'm okay. Promise," Delilah said.

"Good," Hotch nodded. "If you need to talk to anybody-"