2. three

"i have a new plan: to go mad." - dostoevsky

Delilah sat around the round table in the conference room with JJ and Spencer on either side of her. Hotch and Gideon were stood up staring at a photograph of a little boy on the screen, while Derek was moving files on the desk behind them.

Elle was still on leave, four months after she got shot by the Fisher King. Delilah had visited often, as had Liv, which was weird to Delilah because Liv and Elle actually seemed to get along well and she had no idea just what shit Liv was telling Elle when they hung out.

"40,000 images of child porn are posted every week on the internet, along with the appearance of 20 new children. The appetite for babies as young as 4 months old has soared. Many of these children have been kidnapped and sold into pedophile rings," Spencer said.

Delilah sighed. This was her area of expertise, but hearing the statistics and every new case just made her feel even worse. The people trying to stop this were like fish in a sea of sharks. No matter how many they put away, there were always more lurking around the corner.

"One year ago, the same boy appeared on several web sites used by pedophiles. He was a new face then. After a massive hunt led by our crimes against children unit, the boy disappeared," Gideon said.

"Until tonight when SSA Cole telephoned us," Hotch said.

"Katie Cole?" Derek said.

Delilah grinned at the mention of one of her old bosses from Crimes Against Children. Katie had worked with Delilah on a few of her first cases before Delilah went undercover as Alia, being selected by the Washington DC team.

"She was in the BAU, right?" Spencer said.

"One of the first profilers, clinical psychologist, brilliant," Gideon said.

"She runs the Crimes Against Children Unit in Maryland," Hotch said.

"I always wanted to meet her," Derek said.

"Really? I heard she's a bitch," Katie said, walking into the room with a grin.

"Nobody ever called you that, Katie," Gideon said.

"Well, not to my face," Katie said.

She put her bag down, squeezing Delilah's shoulder.

"Hey, kid," she said.

"Hey, Katie," Delilah smiled up at her.

"Now, the case. The first time I ever saw him, he appeared in a series of photos. I named him Peter. Now he's being auctioned off when that clock runs to zero," Katie said.

"Auctioned?" JJ said slowly.

"Sold to a pedophile," Delilah said quietly. JJ winced.

"His face isn't pixilated," Gideon said.

"'Cause the unsub is confident that we're not going to be able to identify him in time," Hotch said.

"What about the site itself? Can't we just track its origin?" JJ said. Delilah shook her head.

"Not that easy," Delilah said.

"It's routed through a proxy server in Belarus. Even if that government was friendly, Peter'd be gone before we finished the paperwork," Katie said.

"We don't need to worry about the paperwork. We have Garcia," JJ said.

"Better get on that, will you?" Gideon asked her.