The First Gate

Despite being only 18 years of age, Izuku Midoriya had seen more than enough for a lifetime. His father's funeral, his mother laying comatose in a hospital bed, his bank account when trying to cover the costs of all the medical bills, and his sister's concerned gaze every time he left the house to participate in a Raid on a Gate. But out of it all, the one sight he never got tired of, was the Pros in action.

Standing in a crowd near Tatooin Station, Izuku watched as the swirling mass of sparking blue energy spat out a massive beast.

Well over sixty feet tall, it was made completely of stone, and should've put the crowd into a severe state of panic, but this was the world of Heroes.

"Stupid Boss!" A woman spat. Standing a head above the Villain was Mount Lady, a Giant A-Rank Hero clad in size changing purple and white armor. "I already killed all the Villains in that Gate, couldn't you have waited just a little longer to break out?"

The stone monster roared, sending Izuku into a spiral of writing. As an E-Rank, the bottom of the barrel, Izuku had two options, study Villains until he could predict their moves like a Dark Souls game, or die.

"Gargoyle Boss Villain. B-Rank. Wings cannot be used for flight, but for defensive measures. Charges head on and attacks with his claws, does not appear to use his taloned feet." Izuku had a dozen notebooks for the Villains that humanity despised, and ironically, none for the Heroes that were adored. Simply put, Izuku would never be on the same level as his favorite Heroes and would never fight alongside them, so he figured there was no point to obsess over their strategies.

Meanwhile, Mount Lady was swinging a mace the size of a telephone pole, batting aside the gargoyle's swipes with ease. "Come on!" She said, giving a wink to the onlookers and reporters. "Let's give 'em a show!" She crouched down low, giving the "audience" a nice view of her rear as she prepared to raise to her full height, bringing the mace to bear and decapitating the Villain with pure force.

But that never happened. Instead, the crowd jumped in shock, their ears ringing from the blast of an anti-material rifle. And just as Mount Lady had planned to destroy the head of the Villain, this bullet caused it to explode from the inside out, peppering the giant Hero with shrapnel.

"Hey! That was my kill!" She shouted, looking around for the source of the shot.

"How impudent..." A voice drawled out, drawing the attention away from Mount Lady and to a nearby rooftop, where a curvy lady with dark-blue and pink hair stood, slinging her rifle over her shoulder.

"Lady Nagant!" The crowd cried out in amazement, Mount Lady now a fleeting thought in their mind.

The woman's cold exterior broke for just a moment to give a kind smile and a wave to the crowd.

"Did you hear me?!" Mount Lady cried out. "MY! KILL!"

Nagant glared at her. "Don't be stupid A-Rank, you should've finished it inside the Gate. Instead you decide to put innocent people at risk for a show."

Mount Lady glared back at the S-Rank.

The two, even amongst Heroes, were special. Not just because they had the skill to back up their arrogance, but because they had Quirks. Every now and again, you'd get an Awakened human who also manifested a Quirk, a special magical ability that augmented their power.

Mount Lady could grow to ridiculous size, making her a perfect fighter against giant-class Villains. And Nagant could create bullets from her hair, infusing them with her magical energy. Weapons with magical attributes were already rare, so to be able to produce bullets with magical infusion was just insane. It bumped the two up from their natural Awakened strength of A and B respectively to S and A and it gave them massive fanbases, Izuku among them.