Contract

Okay so I just learned that the Monarchs got all of their official names, partially from Solo Leveling: Ragnarok. So Rakan is actually the name of the Beast Monarch, the one I named Waruk. For the sake of consistency, I'm going to be using my own names, because most Rulers don't have their names yet, and because I've already established them. Don't worry, I'll list them all out at some point so everyone knows them! Thank you to OlympusAris9837 on Wattpad for bringing this to my attention, as I have not yet read Ragnarok!

*******

Toshinori Yagi was sitting in his office, dealing with the immense amounts of paperwork and government phone calls, when the shadows on his walls began to move. He shot from his seat, his Mana charging, but the tense moment was cut short by two teens emerging, instead of two monstrous warriors.

"Y-You two?" All Might asked. He recognized all of the UA students, Momo and Izuku were no different.

"Us two," Izuku confirmed with an awkward grin. He still wasn't used to standing in front of his favorite Hero.

He sat back down with a sigh. "Well, Tsukauchi compiled a list of all possible identities for the Shadows, and you two were on it, but I didn't believe it..." He folded his hands over his desk with a smile. "It's good to finally 'meet' you in person. And since you're here... I assume the war in Russia has ended?"

Momo nodded. Knowing that Izuku would stumble over his words in front of his idol, she jumped into the explanation. She didn't skip a single thing, from Raia, to the Absolute Being, to Quaresha. She even brought him up to speed on Baran using Touya Todoroki's body and interfering to save Ryukyu. Having a Shadow on her person, they had discovered Baran teleported her back to her apartment in Japan, safe and sound where she was resting currently. But when she was finished, she was shocked to see Toshinori nodding like it was all nothing.

"Aeic didn't tell me the full story, but I knew the important bits."

Izuku almost crouched down into a battle position. If All Might was inhabited by another Higher Being, he was as dangerous as Quaresha.

"Before he was passed along to Mirio he told me that more Higher Beings would be entering the fight. I just didn't expect Quaresha to use such backhanded tactics."

"You were..."

"Aeic, a Ruler. The Largest Fragment of Brilliant Light. While most Higher Beings forcibly take hosts, Aeic allowed me to be a vessel for his power while he dealt with other problems throughout the universe." He lifted his shirt up, revealing a disgusting purple wound that seemed to sink into his body. "In the last timeline, he used my body in an attempt to fight the leader of the Monarchs, Antares. But Antares won the fight, and the wound he inflicted on my body persisted through time and space. I was no longer strong enough to channel his powers without seriously risking my own life."

"So then, do you know what happened to Mirio?" Izuku asked, getting off-topic.

"I can only assume that, in the face of an overwhelming threat that he was not ready to fight, Aeic forcibly activated his Quirk, shifting the boy into another dimension in order to save himself and train so that he could use Aeic's full power." He shrugged. "But I don't know that for a fact." All Might cleared his throat. "So, what can I do for you? I assume you didn't come here just to talk about the Monarchs and Rulers."

"Well, our identity is gonna be open to the public soon, and people need to know what happened in Russia. That it was a Villain who set things in motion and manipulated the Russian people," Izuku began.

"We were hoping you could take care of the public relations..." Momo finished.

He nodded without a second thought. "Please allow the adults to handle this part. You've already done more than your fair share. Your classmates should be returning from Catalina soon. I believe it would be wise to rejoin them and settle into some normality for the time being. I don't mean to talk down to you in any way, I owe you both a great deal, but you are young and you deserve some peace and quiet."