27. Visions Become Reality

Snape and Amy waited by the exit, chatting idly. Eventually they heard voices approaching. Hermione's bushy hair was the first to emerge, followed by Sirius and Harry, then Peter, then Lupin and Ron and finally Pansy and Helena. The girls flanked the group to make sure they all continued behaving.

Things started to go wrong when they noticed Lupin freeze once he was outside. Amy looked up. A full moon.

"Severus... did Lupin take his potion every day this week."

His face paled. "Not today, its why I came. Everyone run!"

"Mione, run!" Amy called. "Pans, Helena, you too! GO!"

The girls hesitated but once they saw Lupin start to convulse they obliged.

Amy turned to Snape. "Make sure they get back safely."

"I can-"

"You can and you will." She barked before softening, "please, Severus."

He hesitated before agreeing and following the girls.

In all the commotion, Amy hadn't noticed, nor did she particularly care that Peter was escaping.

Amy began to shift into her vampiric form, Ron, Harry and Sirius watched in horror as two monsters were appearing before them.

"GO!" She shouted to them in her now gravelly voice, "I'll hold him off."

Sirius stepped forward, "I will help." before he switched to his dog form.

She didn't have time to tell the boys to run again before the werewolf lunged at them. She stepped between them and slashed with her claw. The werewolf slashed back across her chest. Both now had deep scratches that were not healing as they should.

Sirius leaped onto the werewolf's back as he was struggling with the vampire, giving Amy a moments breather before she lunged forward again. The werewolf tried to bite the god but was slapped to the side before he could. She really didn't want to kill him. She liked the man.

The werewolf recovered quickly and tried to charge at her. With a beat of her wings, she rose above him. Unfortunately, he reacted quickly, he jumped and bit down on her leg. She groaned. At least she didn't have to worry about being turned, she thought.

She landed back down with a thud, her clawed foot digging into the werewolf's chest. He was clawing at her leg, tearing it apart. She stumbled back off him. The dog jumped in, keeping him distracted. She took a moment to look around. Ron had collapsed to the ground, his leg still too wounded. Harry was making no move to help the boy, he just stood and watched.

"GO!" She roared.

While she was distracted, the werewolf jumped and bit into her wing before ripping it off. Amy roared in pain. She lashed out with a claw but the beast was on her back. It bit down into her neck. The world faded away. She was really going to die to a common werewolf? She thought. Her last thoughts were of regret that she had shown mercy to Lupin by trying not to kill him. She could've ended the fight before it began by killing the man.

She opened her eyes, girls screaming. She held up a now human hand to her neck. The bleeding had stopped. She'd survived? Then she heard the screaming again. Pansy and Helena were running towards her. Behind them, Snape was standing over a body on the floor. The vision. She realised. She tried to stand, her leg was mangled, she fell back down. She crawled. She crawled faster than she'd think possible. It was Hermione. She sobbed and continued her crawl. Pansy and Helena tried to help but the girl brushed them off, they were slowing her down. They followed.

She came over the girl. Snape spoke. "No magic is working. My potions aren't working."

Amy sobbed, holding her girlfriend, her breath was still feint. "My vision came true. We made a plan for this. Just... I'm sorry Mi. I'm so sorry" she sobbed.