78. Blood Alchemy

The experimentation that Amy and Snape had done on her blood had given Amy an idea. What if she could alter the nature of their condition? What if she could combine bloodlines, to take on the traits of others and remove their weaknesses. It would be entirely unheard of, perhaps even impossible. But what if...

She put out a call that she wanted to meet the leader, the strongest and the lowest generation member of each loyal clan. In a lot of cases, but not all, these were all the same person. She arranged the meeting for a weeks time. They couldn't travel as conveniently as she could. They planned to meet at her partially built palace.

In the meantime she took blood samples from each member of The Court. Herpo was interested in her experiment, as was Grandfather, Snape and Vlad. Pansy and Helena took over work constructing her palace in Herpo's absence.

"Ahmose... If you succeed here you'll be altering our nature in a way we though impossible." Vlad could barely contain his excitement. Amy loved it, he was usually so stoic, it was nice to see him passionate about something.

"Good thing we've got two experts in the impossible. Herpo, creator of many spells including the splitting of his soul and attaching it to an object. He was also the first to breed a basilisk."

Vlad shivered. "So we have you to thank for those monsters?"

Herpo smiled proudly. "Aren't they magnificent?"

"Herpo? Herpo the Foul? Even in Gaul, we'd heard of you..." Grandfather said with a skeptical look.

"My reputation proceeds me." He bowed politely.

"Grandfather here," Amy gestured. "Was the inventor of the philosopher's stone and is also a practitioner of magics that have long since been forgotten by the world. Until, he teaches us, of course." She said pointedly, indicating that she'd be interested in learning. She wanted to ask before but she kept taking on new challenges and didn't have the time... challenges like combining bloodlines... She mentally sighed.

"Severus helped me create the age reversing potion while Vlad invented the potion of true aging that my friends and I use."

"Now..." She continued as they started sharing stories. "Before you all start jerking each other off..." Snape smiled quietly, he'd clearly had the same thought. The others grumbled slightl but listened. "We'll likely have to use a mix of blood magic and witchcraft. Sev and Grandfather obviously can't use blood magic and Vlad can't use witchcraft so we need to work together and be mindful that we might have to explain aspects that might seem obvious so we all understand what is happening."

They nodded. They were all excited to be part of this mixed-magic research project.

To test Amy ordered a lot of bats. They were one of the only other species that could contract vampirism. Luna didn't like that they'd be testing on animals but she was more than happy to spend time in the room they were keeping them in. Many times throughout the process, Amy would walk in to find Luna lying on the ground covered in the animals, stroking any that came within reach of her fingers. It was adorable.

Working with so many incredibly intelligent people was amazing although sometimes they were thinking at such a high level they'd forget to explain the simpler details to the others. They were each keeping books of notes. Soon they had books upon books written on their findings and results of their tests.

When it came time to meet the representatives of the clans, they all came along. They needed a break and Amy wanted them there to help explain their findings so far.

When the arrived at her palace she was pleasantly surprised. Her four ziggurats were already at least fifteen meters tall. The first level was now built. They each had a base of 250 meters x 250 meters. The scale of them was imense. The fact that they were made entirely of black glass-like obsidian made them even more impressive. They were connected in their corners making them one large structure. Eventually, she would place magical runes and hieroglyphs around the walls in a long elaborate spell she was working on. The idea was for them to act as the largest conduit of magic the world had known. She'd need it to pierce the veil like she wanted.