89. Broken Heart and Broken Mind

One day passed. No sign of Dumbledore.

Two days passed...

Three...

Amy, Herpo, Pansy and Seamus took it in turns cruciating the former dark lord. The had rounded up the remaining guards that had been hiding. They let some go free so the news would be spread. The others they kept as prisoners. They hoped that having hostages would add another incentive to attack them. Besides, they needed to eat.

It was on the fourth day that Dumbledore appeared. He wasn't alone. Joining him were a number of Templars and some known Order members. Notably, Sirius Black was among them.

Amy and the others gathered in the courtyard, Amy had Grindelwald hovering in front of them, still being cruciated. Sethi was wrapped around the tower, similar to how he used to wrap around her.

"Ah, the traitor shows his face at last..." Amy called out over the tense courtyard. Everyone was prepared for a fight. Everyone was waiting for one wrong move from the other side.

"I am not a traitor, Amy... You are a threat to the world. I had to protect us all." Dumbledore called out, pretending he wasn't desperate to run and hold his old love.

"WE WERE ALLIES!" Amy shouted furiously, sending a particularly bad surge of pain to Grindelwald. "What happened to you accepting my plan for the world? You gave me an education! You brought me into the wizarding world! Why have you changed your mind?!"

The old Templar standing beside the professor cleared his throat and stepped forward slightly before calling out. He wore plate armour. There was no clear divide between his thick neck and his bald head.

"Because, monster...You are an abomination. You are a threat to the natural order of things." His pompous but gruff voice echoed in the silent yard.

Amy laughed, as did several of her followers.

"I'm a threat to the natural order? Well... Maybe you have a warped sense of nature... Tell me, Templar... Is it natural that humans hold the elves under a curse, perverting their true desire to serve the Earth? I have corrected that. Is it natural for a portion of humanity to live in secret from the others because of a natural phenomenon of magic? Is it-"

"ENOUGH!" The man raged, stomping a foot. "Your disgusting words will not corrupt me, demon!"

Amy laughed hard at that. Such a small minded man. He did not appreciate being laughed at.

She sighed, oh well. This thumb of a man was clearly determined to get in the way of her villain monologue to Dumbledore...

She flicked her wrist and send a shadow spike up to impale him.

"Grandmaster!" A boy next to the man called out. He watched in horror as the shadow spike pierced the armour and emerged from the mouth of the man. He was dead.

With that action, negotiations were over. They all drew their swords or, in Helena and Luna's case, their guns. Adding gunfire to the mix was amazing for causing confusion and an extra element to block. Wizards weren't used to it. Seamus wasted no time, he changed to his leopard form and charged Sirius. Sirius met his charge by turning into a large black dog and meeting the charge.

Spells were flying. Bullets were flying. Swords were clashing. Sethi swooped over the battlefield picking off the gunners of the Templars. None of it mattered. Amy had only one target. Dumbledore...

She'd start off simple.

"Avada Kedavra!" She called out. He met the spell with his own. The green from Amy's wand met the red from his. They nullified each other in mid air.