67. Deal with the Devil

Days bled into weeks. Harry and Amy were in a hibernating state, trying not to frenzy from blood thirst. Every now and then she would emerge from her meditation to communicate with her lovers and friends. They updated her on what was happening and gave her a boost to her mood that helped fend off the dementors.

Their friends had been in contact with Dumbledore and The Court to work out a plan. This was different to last time though. The charges were more extensive and much more severe. Her friends were also unable to act effectively because they were forced into hiding.

One thing was clear, Amy realised, they would need to feed. They wouldn't be out before the frenzied. She turned into her vampiric mist form. She knew this would burn precious vitae but it was necessary if she wanted to survive. The dementors were not acustomed to keeping vampire prisoners so they were not looking for a cloud of blood mist. She flew to a cell far from her own. She wanted some level of deniability so didn't want to feed on her neighbour.

The man she settled on looked weak but strong enough to survive. She charmed him and drank deeply. She was thirsty but couldn't risk killing him. She decided to finish feeding on a different prisoner. She stole a cup from one of the prisoners and filled it with the same prisoner's blood. She flew to Harry, mentally reaching out to him to find out where he was.

When she appeared in his cell holding the cup, he didn't have time for surprise or greetings. He took the cup and drained it.

"Oh thank Merlin..." He said, satisfied.

"Thank Amy, more like." She quietly joked back. He smiled weakly. "How're you holding up, Har?" She asked, putting a hand on his shoulder. The human contact meant a lot in Azkaban.

"Barely." He admitted. "Your meditation helps."

She nodded in understanding.

"Harry, I'm afraid we're going to have to resort to drastic measures. I'm going to ask our friends to reach out to Voldemort." She held up a hand to quieten his protests. "We're only going to avoid a dementor's kiss by either breaking out of here or miraculously have our charges dropped. We can't expect a miracle... but we can make one..."

He looked at her with confusion.

"If we place Fudge and all the jurors under the imperious curse, we can have our cases cleared. Our friends alone, won't be strong enough. We need experienced help..." She sighed. "I doubt the Death Eaters will release their grip on the Ministry though. We'd be handing significant power to them..."

"But we could break out, right?" He asked, searching for an alternative.

"We could... but we'd be pariahs. We'd never be able to return to the wizarding world until we have subjugated it entirely."

"Fuck." Harry breathed in frustration. "Just... let me think on it..." He sighed in defeat. She nodded, gave one last hug for comfort and returned to her own cell.

Days passed. Amy was snapped out of her meditation when Harry mentally spoke to her. "Do it." He simply said.

She set to work immediately, she asked Pansy to talk to her parents, to set up a meeting with Voldemort. Helena was to lead negotiations. She asked Snape if he could be present for the meeting to advise Voldemort.

"Are you sure this is how you want to do this..?" Hermione asked, concerned.

"Yes. The alternative is me and Harry get the dementor's kiss and you all go into hiding indefinitely. Or... we turn this shadow war into open war. Our best bet here is a temporary alliance with our enemy for the benefit of us both and to weaken another, more immediate, enemy."