38. Champions Isolation

She was lying the next morning under the bodies of her girlfriends. Hermione was cuddled to her side, Pansy was over her chest and Helena cuddling on the other side. Amy clearly had some frustrations she needed to work out the night before.

She heard a scratching at the door and slowly climbed out of the pile of bodies, the girls complaining as she did.

"Sorry girls, seems someone more important needs some attention." She smiled. She grabbed a robe and put it on. Even though her 'baby' was a dragon and wouldn't care, she didn't want to go naked in front of him.

"There's someone knocking on the door." He said simply when she answered.

"You better hide, we don't know who it is."

He nodded.

When she answered the door, Professor Dumbledore was standing there smiling. He gave a quick look up and down at her messy hair and her robe. He raised an eyebrow.

"Good night?" He asked innocently, his smile showing his intention was anything but innocent.

"Very." She answered simply, "come in..." She stepped aside to let him in.

"Lovely," he said as he looked around. "You've decorated the tower beautifully." He looked closely at some claw marks on the table leg.

Amy froze, she was going to kill that dragon! "Uh... sometimes we get a little rough... claws come out... you know..." She lied, awkwardly.

"Uhuh..." He said before taking a seat. "You left too early yesterday but I understand you had more pressing appointments."

"I just loathe hearing people argue about something that can't be changed. The Goblet of Fire is like an unbreakable promise, no? Therefore me and Harry have to compete. Not that I'm complaining."

"I understand, they do too. They were just frustrated." He sighed. "Now, onto more pressing matters, your first task. The first task is designed to test your daring, so we are not going to be telling you what it is.

"The first task will take place on November the twenty-fourth, in front of the other students and the panel of judges.

"You are not permitted to ask for or accept help of any kind from their teachers to complete the tasks in the Tournament. You will face the first challenge armed only with your wand. You will receive information about the second task when the first is over. Owing to the demanding and time-consuming nature of the Tournament, you are exempted from end-of-year tests."

"Alright." Amy shrugged. "I like the idea of it being a surprise, makes it more exciting."

He smiled. "Well, that was all." He said as he stood up. "Oh, and Amy... if you're going to raise a dragon in the castle, please be careful."

"What? How-"

"Those claw marks definitely aren't from a vampire." He winked before leaving.

After he left, the girls and Sethi came back in. Crookshanks was riding on the dragon's back.

The dragon curled up on the floor beside her Crookshanks curling under his wing.

Hermione snuggled next to her, "You ready to talk?" she asked. When Amy came back last night, she didn't want to talk about it.

Pansy and Helena sat on the sofa opposite.

Amy sighed, "I don't know who wants me competing and that's bothering me. I know I didn't put my name in there. I know Harry didn't either. Someone wants us in the competition. I just don't know why..."