63. Triple Agent

The reappearance of Pandora did not go unnoticed among the wizarding community. The Lovegood couple played it off as a case of reawakening elsewhere with amnesia after the spell backfired. Still, the Daily Prophet made a point of mentioning Luna's connection to Amy in the article.

The Daily Prophet had spent most of the summer slandering Dumbledore and the group who witnessed Voldemort's return. It seemed the Minister had ignored her advice to not act as though nothing was happening. Instead, the Ministry was leading a concerted smear campaign against them. It was not unexpected but it was disappointing. Amy had hoped for more of a reaction against the Death Eaters.

She would rather not have the negative publicity but, like in the past, she would embrace it if it was forced on her. If she couldn't be loved, she could be feared.

Over the following weeks, they had given a basic version of their mark to the Lovegoods, the Weasley twins and Ginny. The basic mark let them access their areas but didn't have the close mental connection that the others had. All had to take unbreakable oaths not to reveal what they saw beyond the portals to anyone outside of their group. They trusted them all but knew the Weasleys were loyal to the Order. They all enjoyed having their home being more populated.

Fred and George were given their own lab to experiment with their creations for their joke shop. Amy noticed that Ginny and Luna got along amazingly. They were in the same year but, like most people, Ginny hadn't spoke much to Luna. Xeno and Pandora visited often to either discuss their respective interests with Amy or to see their daughter.

Unlike the others, who were warmly recieved, Amy expressed that she wanted to invite Snape. He was her friend and he would love the chance to be part of this group that seemed dedicated to research and training. Everyone protested so she spent the next few days trying to convince everyone. She eventually managed to get them to reluctantly agree. That was enough, begrudging consent was better than tyranically doing it without anyone's consent. She wrote to Snape the same evening, asking to meet up.

He replied quickly and the two agreed to meet at school. He often stayed there a lot over summer. As soon as she recieved the letter, she teleported.

She found him in his office.

"Severus! Don't you stop working?" She asked as she entered.

He looked surprised to see her so soon but smiled. "School doesn't end at summer for teachers, Amy."

She hummed. "Preparing next years classes already?"

He nodded. "I need to make sure everything is up to date. I doubt you came here to discuss the daily life of a teacher though." He smiled.

She shook her head. "Actually, I wanted to offer you access to our hidden home. We have an extensive library and a potions room with fully stocked supplies." He looked intrigued.

"You have all of this..?" He asked in disbelief. He knew the girl was wealthy but what she was describing sounded like a second Hogwarts.

She nodded, smiling. "It's like a pocket dimension, as long as we have the materials, we can shape it as we wish." He was stunned at that. Surely it wasn't possible. "We have created a basic version of our mark to allow access." She explained, holding up her rose mark to demonstrate.

She noticed his shoulders fall and disappointment pass over his face at that announcement.

"I'm sorry Amy. I can't..." He said slowly.

"You can't? Is it because of Dumbledore?" She asked.

He didn't answer. He just looked conflicted.

Eventually he sighed and cast "Muffliato" and silenced the room.