65. Animagi

They looked online where a thunderstorm was and travelled towards it. They flew most of the way but had to stop as they approached in case they got struck by lightning. Those who couldn't fly by themself were carried. They were in a field in the middle of a lightning storm. Once they were there, they took the leaf from their mouth and placed it in some potions they'd been preparing all month.

Hermione and Amy pulled long mirrors out of their bottomless bags and placed them around so they could see themselves. They all held the potions up and drank them together. The world seemed to shift as their points of view changed.

Amy watched herself in the mirror as her whole body seemed to elongate. It kept stretching and stretching. Her nose seemed to turn into slits. She grew fangs, but not those she was used to. These were longer, curved, like a snake.

She was becoming a snake, she realised. No, she was too big. She was huge. Her body kept extending further. A Basilisk, she realised.

Even though it wasn't present on her body anymore, she was still technically wearing the amulet of Herpo

"My my, Amy. It has been theorised that animagi could be magical creatures, but you would be the first, I believe." He spoke to her.

"I wonder if this is because I've been wearing your amulet and have been eating Voldemort's soul or if this would be my form regardless..." She thought.

"An interesting question. I don't believe we'll ever get a true answer to that but I believe your theory has some credibility..."

She realised that she couldn't look at her friends in the eye in this form. She mentally warned them. She told them she would close her eyes and to look at her before she opened them to look at them while they closed their eyes.

"What the fuck, Amy!" Pansy mentally laughed.

"Well, that brings back bad memories..." Hermione giggled.

"Tell me about it..." Harry joined.

"At least you'll keep spiders away." Ron gleefully said.

"I think its cute." Luna said.

"Cute?" Ginny chimed in.

"Cute is the last word I'd use." Fred said.

"Terrifying more like..." George added.

"Sometimes I forget you're a snake, Am." Seamus cheerfully teased.

"Spends so much time at the Gryffindor table, you forget." Dean laughed.

"Alright, close your eyes. I'm opening mine. I want to look at you all." She warned them. She waited a few seconds they opened them and looked around. They all looked so small from her new position.

She first saw Fred and George. They were red foxes. "Very cute, Fred, George." She said. They groaned at being called cute.

 They groaned at being called cute