33. Start of Fourth Year

It was halfway through her third week in Azkaban, her patience was wearing thin. The dementors tried to tear away any happy memory from her. Herpo reminded her frequently of her loves awaiting her. His words and his secret lessons were the only things keeping her sane. He taught her to enter a meditative state to tune out the dementors. She knelt in her cell, unmoving, for days at a time.

She snapped back to reality with a familiar voice trying to get her attention. "...my... Amy... Amy."

She opened her eyes, Dumbledore. He smiled when she finally reacted, it had been a couple of minutes.

"Professor, you have news?" She asked, standing up.

He smiled again and nodded. "You are to be released. Your family have already sent your belongings to school. You'll come with me, school starts tonight."

"How did you manage that?" She asked.

"Your 'uncle' Marco has been helping. I suspect he has been bribing and intimidating members of the court but I can't and won't try to prove it. We built a case, I called in some favours and we were able to clear you of charges."

"Thank you, professor. I'm glad that I don't have to go into exile from the wizarding world."

He led her through the building. As she passed cells she noticed the broken states of the prisoners. It doesn't matter what they did, she thought, this was sadistic to a sickening degree.

Once they were outside, Amy grabbed Dumbledore's arm and they apparated her to his office. A uniform was laid out for her, her wand resting on top.

"Welcome back, Amy. Take your time getting dressed then join us in the great hall if you want. I won't blame you if you go straight to your dorm tonight." He smiled.

She wanted to go to the hall. She wanted to see her girlfriends.

Once she was dressed, she headed down. As she stepped through the doors, the hall fell silent. Everyone stared. Some with pity, most with disgust.

A familiar trio of girls stood excitedly and started to run towards her. Crabbe and Goyle, looking furious, tried to step in front of her but she brushed them away with a wave of her hand. She walked towards the girls with tears forming. The crashed into her and nearly knocked her off her feet. She held them all, not caring that the school was still staring and kissed each deeply, one after the other.

A fist hit the back of her head. She didn't even move as the fist hit her but the audacity of it pissed her off. She turned. Crabbe. Goyle was standing beside him.

"What the fuck do you two want? Piss off, I need to say hello to my girlfriends."

"You killed our dads!" Crabbe shouted brutishly.

"Oh yeah!" She genuinely forgot the names of the Death Eaters. "I guess I did. Let me guess, you want some kind of revenge? Tough. You're not powerful enough to take it. Go, I'd rather not go back to Azkaban so soon."

The whole school were murmuring, they'd all seen the confrontation. They'd seen the girls lack of remorse.

She turned her back on the boys again, they were stunned at her lack of reaction. The four girls took their seats on the Gryffindor table with Ron, Harry, Dean and Seamus.

"I can't believe the Daily Prophet has painted you as the villain of the world cup incident!" Hermione said, putting a paper in front of her. A picture of Amy snarling in the court.

"Its been like that every few days since the world cup." Ron said.

Pansy scoffed, "most of these idiots believe it. My mum was telling me and Helena constantly how awful you must be."