37. Goblet of Fire

Amy and Luna spent the next day playing with Sethi, she didn't want to join the others watching everyone putting their names in the goblet. She was frustrated. She knew she was more talented than most of the nineteen year olds.

"Amy, you seem infested with wrackspruts today, what's wrong." Luna said.

Amy knew that to be Luna's way of saying she was in a bad mood. She smiled. "Just angry that I can't compete." She murmured.

Luna nodded, understandingly. "You'd make a good Hogwarts champion I think."

"Would you enter if you could?"

Luna stopped to think for a while. "I don't really want to but I might. The prize could help my dad with the Quibbler."

Amy smiled. "You're always trying to help people Luna, its refreshing."

Luna smiled and the two watched as Sethi and Soot chased each other in the air.

"Sethi really likes you, you know. I think you're his favourite... after me of course." She laughed

Luna smiled, "I really like him too. I'd never met a dragon before. He's not so scary."

Amy laughed, "Luna says you're not scary, Sethi."

The dragon stopped his flight landed in fron of the girls, who were sitting on the floor, and attempted to roar. It was a weak childish roar that just made the girls think he was adorable. They knew that if he wanted to he could seriously harm them already though.

Amy pretended to be scared, "I take it back, Sethi. You're terrifying."

"She's quaking in her boots, Sethi." Amy smiled.

He huffed, satisfied, before taking off in flight again to continue playing with Soot.

The other three girls came into the room, Hermione looking angry, Pansy and Helena laughing.

"Mi, what's wrong?" Amy said, making her way over to them.

"That supid, thick headed chode!" Hermione ranted. Amy looked confused.

"Krum tried chatting her up." Pansy laughed. "We told him she was in a relationship."

Amy was still confused, "So he left you alone after that?"

"He said I needed a 'real' man!" Hermione scoffed. "I told him that I don't need a man at all, I like women, and you know what he did?"

Amy shook her head.

"He tried to kiss me!"

"It's a good thing Pans and I were there or I think Mione would be on her way to Azkaban by now." Helena laughed lightly.

Amy pulled her Hermione close. "I'm going to bury him." She murmured. Hermione laughed at her girlfriend, she knew if she wanted, Amy would actually have the boy killed.

"No need, I don't want you getting locked up again."

That evening, the names were to be drawn from the goblet. The girls eventually persuaded Amy to go along. In the hall, they took their usual positions all around her. It was becoming a habbit for them to sit like that. Amy didn't mind, she actually found it quite comfortable.

"Well, the Goblet is almost ready to make its decision," said Dumbledore. "I estimate that it requires one more minute. Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them please to come up to the top of the Hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber" – he indicated the door behind the staff table – "where they will be receiving their first instructions."