74. Wingwomen

When they all returned to school, they noticed that Filch had put up a new 'Educational Decree'.

BY ORDER OF THE HIGH INQUISITOR OF HOGWARTS

All student organisations, societies, teams, groups and clubs are henceforth disbanded.

An organisation, society, team, group or club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more students.

Permission to re-form may be sought from the High Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge).

No student organisation, society, team, group or club may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor.

Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an organisation, society, team, group or club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.

The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-four.

Signed: Dolores Jane Umbridge, High Inquisitor

Amy couldn't help but laugh out loud. Maybe she knew about the DA, maybe she didn't but right now Umbridge felt so impotent. The Ministry was rapidly falling to the Death Eaters and so was the threat they posed to Amy.

"A meeting of three or more students is a club?" Pansy laughed. "Just goes to show that Umbridge has never had any friends!"

Helena smiled beside her. "Even as a friendless ghost, I could pull a bigger group together than that..."

"You don't think she knows about the DA do you?" Hermione asked somewhat nervously.

Amy shrugged. "If she does, she won't stop us. Maybe I should imperius her though, just in case..." She said thoughfully. Hermione whacked her shoulder with a book.

Pansy cackled. "Oh come on Mione, you've got more experience than any of us."

Hermione blushed and frowned. "That was different! It was to save Amy and Harry..."

Helena gave a knowing smile and patted her shoulder. Hermione often liked to find justifications for their actions. Pansy, however, wasn't so sympathetic.

"Mi, in case you haven't realised, we're not good people... I know you two were busy the other day but don't tell me you didn't see us kill and burn hundreds of people to blot out the sun..."

"That was different... It was for the greater good..." Mione mumbled.

Pansy cackled. "Spoken like a true villain!"

Amy smiled and joined in, she didn't want them to push each other too far. "You're both right. We do horrible things. We do them to create a better world though. One day, they will no longer be necessary."

Pansy rolled her eyes. "Sure... I do them for you though. Your ideals are yours. I'm with you, wherever you take me." She kissed her girlfriend's cheek.

"We should hurry. We're supposed to be meeting Harry." Helena reminded them. Harry had promised to help them learn the patronus charm so that they can teach it to the DA.

Their entire group were already there when they arrived. Ginny smiled shyly and blushed at Amy when they entered. A gesture that didn't go unnoticed by her girlfriends, who looked at each other with sly smiles at Amy's obliviousness.

It only took a few hours for them all to be able to cast the spell. They'd all done research beforehand and, together, had no shortage of happy memories to pull from. Everyone expected Amy's patronus to be a basilisk or maybe a dragon. Instead it was a raven. A raven that looked exactly like Soot. The real raven excitedly cawed from Amy's shoulder at the patronus.