You Belong With Me • Chris Evans

Requested

Could there be a short story where we are like in high school and Chris has a football game or we are just chilling in school or something and there is this friend of Chris that's like interested in us and all of Chris's friends know it except for him and he gets all mad and jealous?

Hope this is what you were looking for, honey! Thank you for reaching out with such an awesome idea. ❤️

teenage!Chris x teenage!reader

~ Y/n ~

"Does anyone know the answer to number 8?" My math teacher, Mr.Adams asks the class.

I'm still trying to do number 6, and now we've moved on to number 8 in what seems like a time span of seconds.

Maybe I should start focusing instead of staring at Mason. 

Mason Garcia is 5'7 of pure gorgeousness. He's a senior like me and plays football for our school, and he's one of those guys who knows everyone yet keeps a small circle. He likes to read because I've caught him reading alone in study hall multiple times.

And on Mondays he always gets the super sub sandwich the cafeteria ladies make, exclusively on Mondays. Probably to cheer up us depressed teenagers and distract us from another week we have to be in this high school.

Tuesdays, our schedules match in a way that I see him three times in one day.

The rest of the week, I'm delighted because I see him for a whole 40 minutes during math, the class we are currently in.

"Miss Y/n?" Mr.Adams brings me back into reality.

"Yes?" I respond, knowing what I'm going to be faced with.

Everyone whose in front of me, turns to face me, and the people behind me are probably looking at me too, since I'm smack right in the middle of the classroom.

"Do you know the answer to number 8?" Adams sits against his desk, fingers from his right hand curled around an expo marker. I look at the board and see how much he's written since, I, yet again, was not paying attention.

I'd be screwed if what we were learning was hard, but it's not, I'm just distracted.

Even more so that my crush who sits two rows and one to the left from me, is looking at me, waiting an answer too.

I clear my throat, and look at the problem on the board.

y = -1x + j

With j being equal to 9 and y being equal to 0.

By quickly popping in the numbers, I find my answer and announce it confidently.

Mr.Adams is pleased with me, he nods, but there's that disappointment lingering in his eyes still because he knows I was zoning out.

"That's correct," He says and writes the answer down, and I watch as my classmates quickly write it down in their notebooks as well.

All my classmates except Mason, he smiles at me, a smile that says "nice save."

Mason and I aren't friends, but we've talked a few times. So, he isn't a stranger. Especially since he's friends with my best friend, Chris, the captain of our football team.

Who's been currently playing my hair, yeah, he sits behind me, and no, he doesn't like me. And I don't like him.

Lisa and my mom became the best of friends when we moved into the house next to the Evans about 14 years ago, when I was 3. So, naturally, I became friends with Chris, Carly, Scott and Shana. I liked it, because being an only child, they kinda felt like the siblings I've never had.