X's and the O's • Chris Evans

Another old short stories book imagine 🤍!!! (With touch ups!!) ✨

Go ahead and comment the *original* title of this old imagine if you know it! 😊 (I changed it to see if you guys can remember - if not no worries, thought it would be fun! 🫶)

bf!Chris x gf!reader

"I can't do this anymore, Chris," You rub your forehead, packing your clothes back into your bag.

"Why?" He's still behind you, making a counterpoint against everything you've said, "I love you and you love me and you're just gonna leave?"

"Did I say I didn't love you?" You whip around and meet his sad eyes, "I'm talking about you not trusting me!"

"Well, it's kind of hard to when you're with a different guy every time I leave for press tours."

You laugh sarcastically, "Really? You're going to believe what the media says?"

He shrugs his arms, titling his head as his answer.

You scoff, crossing your arms against your chest, squeezing your breasts a bit together.

"I told you they're my friends."

"Yeah," he scoffs at you, "like Sebastian Stan is your friend?"

"Do not bring Sebastian into this," you point at him, "I had a thing with him when we were broken up, for the third time. Do I have to remind you again?"

"No, you don't need to remind me about it, I remember very clearly when you told me that you had fucked him." Chris shouts and he's never raised his voice at you.

"Oh really? I never did such a thing! There you go again believing everything the media and your publicist tells you!" You shout back, closing your cardigan against the front of your body.

Today was a weird day, you didn't know what had gotten into him but now you were packing your stuff and called your friend to see if you could stay with her. She knew what to expect....this wasn't the first time Chris and you called things off.

For the past year things have been on and off, and extremely rocky since Chris found out you had a thing with Seb.

"I never had sex with him, Chris!" You repeat yourself, "and even if I did, we weren't together."

"So that gives you a free ticket to fuck one of my friends?"

"OH my god!" You press your fingers to your temples, "for the love of god I didn't fuck him! GOD!" Shoving more clothes into your bag, you shut the drawer close.

It was silent for a few more minutes as he watched you pack, not stopping you.

This back and forth it was exhausting, he's seen you pack three times before during the three times you guys have called it quits. Then, a few weeks later, he can't handle your absence and calls you again which leads to drinks and makeup sex....rough makeup sex.

But this time is different, as much as he hated watching you leave, he couldn't handle this anymore. It was like one day he woke up and didn't know who you were, and didn't trust you.

Truth was, you did have a few more guys friends than girl friends and the media just loved to stir up rumors. But the worse thing was that Chris had trust issues due to his previous girlfriends and you were getting that disadvantage.

It's not like you wanted Chris not to trust you, you wanted the opposite. You believed you could have guy friends while still dating Chris, you didn't see the problem.

The only problem was Chris believing every single thing the media posted about you.

His way of seeing things was that you were dating someone else when you slept with him and the rest was history...you broke things off with your other boyfriend and began seeing Chris.