City Girl • Cole Turner

I just rewatched Ghosted for the 10th time already, and I am obsessed with Cole. I just whipped this one shot in about half an hour. That's how obsessed I am with Cole.

I'm still enjoying some time away, but I just logged back in to post this one shot I couldn't get out of my head. I miss you all, and I hope to come back indefinitely soon🤍

For now, enjoy this one shot, because I really do miss you all. I hope you guys are still out there I know it's been like a month🥲...

City Girl • COLE TURNER

"Mommy, how much do you love Daddy?" Your daughter asks standing down on the ground beside you as you poured her snack into a bowl.

You smirk at her and hand her, her little bowl, and press your fingers slightly - almost touching, "this much."

Your 3 year old frowns, looking down at the tiny goldfish snacks staring back at her, "when I asked Daddy the same question, he said he loved you to the moon and back."

Your heart flutters, at knowing your hubby is still so head over heels for you, since he swept you off your feet that one day in the street.

Al's eyes begin to crinkle, and before you could comfort her and tell her you were just joking, she bursts into tears, "does that mean you don't love Daddy?"

For a 3 year old she sure knows that the distance from here to the moon is definitely much greater than the tiny gap you showed her earlier between your fingers.

"Oh baby doll," you hug her tight, you hate when she cries, "I didn't mean it. Mommy was just joking."

Cole comes sprinting in through the back door, where he was planting some new flowers you picked out from the market earlier today.

Cole is always on high alert ever since he became a father, you swear he can hear Al's distressed cry from miles away.

"What's wrong?" He throws himself to his knees beside you guys, behind the kitchen island, Al moves towards him, silently begging him to hug her.

"Mommy said she doesn't love you as much as you love her, and that makes me sad," Al speaks truthfully, mostly because you made sure she communicated her big emotions and feelings with an explanation of why she was feeling that way, and to this moment in time, it's stuck.

Cole gives you a look and you roll your eyes, "baby doll, Mommy is just kidding, when you get older, you'll learn to get used to her humor."

Al's is still gasping for air, which doesn't help her answer her father.

"Alyssa did you hear me?" Cole cradles her face, big tears still making their way down her cheeks.

She does what's easy for her, and nods.

Sometimes you forget she's 3 and doesn't understand sarcasm. You feel bad for making your baby cry, so you reach for her hand, "why don't I tell you the story about how Mommy and Daddy met?"

Her eyes light up so quick, it puts a warm smile on Cole's face and yours.

That's how you ended up sitting on the porch swing, Al between you and Cole as she paid close attention to her parent's love story, stuffing cheddar goldfish into her mouth and occasionally feeding Cole some too.

~ Washington, D.C. ~
* 5 years ago *

You didn't choose the city life, the city life chose you.

You absolutely love it, going shopping into the city, attending the markets, going jogging around the monument was your favorite thing to do.

Buying aesthetic makeup for your vanity, buying beautiful decor for your apartment, which had one of your favorite views of the entire city.