Mine, Always • Ari Levinson

mafia!Ari x reader

🖤

"He didn't show up," you cry to your friend on the phone. She had set you up with a blind date and he never arrived.

It was just over an hour of your said meeting time, and here you were hiding in a little entrance way with stairs to void getting wet, because yeah, just your luck it started to pour.

You got here at 8, and it's way past 9pm, now.

Your friend was trying to soothe you when you couldn't hear her voice at all anymore, dead silence, except for the storm outside.

Taking your phone away from your ear, you find your phone is dead. Great. Just great.

You let out an exasperated cry, now you're really frustrated, there's a bar across the street from the restaurant you were supposed to have a date in.

Maybe you can go dry off in there, wait for the storm to pass by. You tap your heel on the ground, the sound of it clicking getting lost with the heavy rain.

You spot a man coming out from the bar, holding his jacket above his head. As he approached closer, your eyes widen big, gulping hard you wait for him to come closer so you could yell at him.

"What are you doing here!" Of course he had to follow you, he always needs to know where you are.

"Baby, relax, it's normal to be angry after getting stood up." Ari hands you his jacket, draping it over your shoulders, you let him until his hands reach down to brush up against your arm, in which you whack it away.

"Don't call me that," you hiss, rolling your eyes, "and no I didn't get stood up. He's just...late."

"Sorry, baby. Force of habit," Ari apologizes for calling you, baby, it's only been three months since he let you go. You deserved to live a normal life and his life was anything but that. He's so used to calling you that, he just called you it again.

But of course he couldn't help but keep tabs on you. What kind of boyfriend would he be?

"Let's get you somewhere dry," he says, and indicates the bar across the street. When a thought appears in your head, no a realization, appears.

"Wait," you stop before either of you were out from the protection of the little roof above your heads to the entrance way, "how did you know I was going on a date?"

Ari remains calm, sometimes when it comes to you he can't think straight, which means he tends to fuck up, especially when it comes to being secretive.

"Well, Y/n, here you are in the rain, looking amazing in that dress, in front of this restaurant, what am I supposed to think?" Ari shakes his head and moves his hands up.

You scoff, now you know what he's been doing, three months and he still hasn't let you go, of course not!

"You've been following me." You tighten your brows you're so angry, "you're unbelievable!" You screech at him.

Ari appreciates the fact that you are the only person on this earth that can yell at him. Anyone else would've been 6 feet underground by now.

"I said you can go live a normal life, I never said I'd stop taking care of you." Ari steps closer to you, to the point you can smell that cologne on him, and see his chest and biceps muscle outlines from underneath that blue shirt he was wearing.

"You mean stalking?" You set things straight, this man was absolutely obsessed with you and you weren't sure if that was a good thing. Maybe it was in your favor.