After School Duty • Paul Diskant

police officer!Paul Diskant x elementary school teacher!Reader

🚔

"Could we please head back to the precinct now?" Colin groans to his older brother, they've been waiting here on the school crosswalk for hours now, "I'm starving."

Today Paul was assigned after school duty, making sure the kids crossed the street safely. And he's fucking jumping up and down in pure joy that he was.

Being a police officer fulfilled his childhood dream, that of his father too.

"Just a few more minutes, Col," Paul is laser focused on the school door. Where teachers were pouring out of it, thankful it was the end of the day. Placing his hands on his vest, he slowly chews his gum, and glances down at his watch. Leaning against his cop car, beside the open passenger window.

Colin takes his feet off the dashboard and turns the game he was playing on his phone off, sitting up right in the passenger seat, he looks out the window, looking in the same direction his brother was, "Come on PJ, there's literally not a kid in sight. You know why? After you helped them cross the street they all went home! Let's go before we waste more time of my precious young life."

Paul Jr. Diskant was one of the town's most finest police men, and Colin was soon to follow in his  brother's footsteps, the two coming from a family of cops, it was in their destiny.

It's the fifth time this week that Paul has waited after school, way after all the elementary schoolers have exited the school, and are probably safe and sound at home by now.

"Have a good afternoon, Officer Diskant," Ms.Olivera waves kindly to Paul, one of the teachers from the school.

Paul bows his head, acknowledging the young lady as his jaw tightened each time he chewed his peppermint gum.

"What a babe," Colin groans, staring in awe, as the two brothers watch the young teacher's curves move as she walked across the street to the school staff parking.

Two more teachers pass, one gently smiles at the officer and the other waves at him. Paul is used to being looked at by the ladies, especially since he became a cop.

And then three more come out, in a group, talking about lesson plans, and the way their students behaved that day. When they approach closer to Paul, all three of them smiling shyly and sweetly. Colin rolls his eyes at the way his brother reacts, just a simple acknowledging nod. No words.

They're all practically throwing themselves at him, and Paul is so nonchalant about it. Being in his last year of college, Colin has a few lady friends he has over on rotation.

"Okay," Colin huffs, "that was like the sixth chick that made googly eyes at you. And you don't even say much as a hello? Or hey, baby, how are you?"

"They are teachers, Colin, professionals. They aren't chicks," Paul corrects the term, and his brother's college kid language.

"Whatever." Colin closes his eyes and rests his head against the headrest in the patrol car, "wake me up when you finally come to your senses and we can go. Mom's making pasta tonight."

"Just a few more minutes," Paul holds his wrist with one hand subtly checking the time before he goes and crosses both hands at his torso, as he waits against his cop car, beside the open passenger window.

The principal, vice principal pass by as well, it was the end of another school day, waving to Officer Diskant. The janitor walks out of the school as well, and says hello too. Colin's brother does not move for a single one of them, Paul remains on the cop car. Watching the remaining school staff cross the street as cars waited for them to pass without Paul's help.