Moonshine

Walkers had followed them into the woods as the three ran, looking for each other as they made distance with the prison.

Beth halted, shooting her gun but she was out of ammo as walkers came for her.

Daryl pushed her along, as Natalia took two out with her knife, Daryl shooting his crossbow in the one advancing on the woman, that she was too preoccupied to deal with, she pulled out the arrow before following the two once again, handing it to him as though it were a relay race.

Eventually, Daryl, Natalia and Beth left the woods, continuing to run through tall grass, looking over their shoulder constantly.

Beth was the first to fall onto her back when they reached a small patch of trampled grass, then Natalia, eventually Daryl, as well. They layed in silence as they caught their breath, starring at the cloudy sky, seven crows flew above them.

It was nightfall, the three sat around a small fire just outside the treeline.

"We should do something." Beth broke the silence.

Neither adult acknowledged her comment as they stared at the flames, accepting what they had just lost, everything, again.

"We should do something." She repeated. "We aren't the only survivors. We can't be. Rick, Michonne, they could be out here. Maggie and Glenn could have made it out of A block."

"I saw them." Natalia sighed quietly.

"Where?" Beth pounced on the information.

"Someone was about to shoot at them as they ran for the bus, I shot him down and they made it, but then she was with Bob and Sasha, I didn't see them after that."

Daryl didn't say anything.

Beth looked to the man, standing up.

"You're a tracker. You can track." He didn't move. "Come on. The sun will be up soon. If we head out now. We can... Fine if you won't track. I will."She concluded they weren't going to help her.

"Beth, sit down." Natalia looked at the girl.

"No, I'm gonna find them." She picked up her knife from the grass, heading for the trees.

Daryl looked up to watch her leave, before coming to a decision, he stood up, kicking dirt into the fire and putting it down.

Natalia let out a huff as she eventually stood up as well, holding a knife in her hand, the sling of the gun was still around her shoulders, hanging down her back as she went after the girl, Daryl following.

They walked through the woods, even when the sun was in the sky, looking out for any hints that someone came through where they were.

Daryl seemed to find something, bending down and brushing leaves out the way.

Beth and Natalia walked closer, watching as he blew on the ground, revealing small footprints.

"Could be Luke's. Or Molly's. Whoever they are, it means they're alive."

"No. This means they were alive four or five hours ago." Daryl spoke for the first time in hours.

"They're alive." Beth objected.

They continued to follow the tracks, Natalia didn't pay much attention, instead kept her eyes out for unliving things that could be walking around, she didn't have hope of finding anyone, even if they did make it out alive, who knows where they could of ended up.

"They picked up the pace right here." Daryl said, noticing squashed berries on the ground. "Got out in a hurry. Things went bad."

"Wouldn't kill you to have a little faith." Beth mused.