Out Of The Woods

More weeks had gone past, Daryl and Natalia hadn't argued since the woods, but they knew what the verdict was, neither of them wanted to be the one to start the conversation, though, Daryl was well aware of how Natalia liked to cope with her problems, and he preferred it a lot more when she wasn't mad at him, which she would be if he uttered the dreaded words of their predicament.

It was late at night as they sat in bed, a few quiet knocks were at the door, before it opened slightly.

Two mops of brown curls shuffled into the room, their stuffed bunnies held in their grip, as Dog followed, behind them, nudging the door closed.

"What's wrong, sweethearts?" Daryl asked, helping each twin onto the bed.

"We missed you." Daisy answered for the both of them.

"Can we sleep in your bed tonight, Mommy?" Bambi bypassed Daryl, going to the boss, deciding to cut the middle man out.

Dog jumped onto the bed, moving in a circle before settling down on the end.

"'Course you can." Natalia accepted Daisy getting comfortable beside her, wrapping her arms around her small frame, as Bambi climbed into Daryl's lap, instantly tracing the deer on his arm. "Is Evie asleep?"

"Talking to Henry. Daddy, we need you to do something to the wall, she's too loud when she talks." Daisy scowled. She didn't like how close her sister was to the boy, she wasn't a fan of split attention, even if she was a twin.

"Yeah, I would help, but I don't want to, but you can do it." Bambi looked up, patting his arm encouragingly, something she had picked up from her mother.

"Uh, don' think there's much I can do about that, sweetheart." He broke it to her, he was good with his hands, but he couldn't work miracles.

"Daddy, earlier, after lunch, I was just talking to her, and then she grabbed Bunny, and she threw him and made me go fetch him." She told her father, wanting justice.

"Why would she do that, what did you say?" Daryl asked, running his hand over Bambi's head.

"Nothing! I was being nice to her."

Natalia pulled a face, both parent found that very hard to believe that she was completely innocent.

They loved their daughter, with everything they had, but there was a clear difference between each twin, where Bambi was shy, timid and with a heart of gold, Daisy thrived off of chaos and mischief, she was a lil prankster, and yet where there was scheming and sneakiness, they were able to applaud her for her smarts and independence, even though Bambi had a habit of helping her twin with whatever she was up to.

Daryl always commented on how well Merle and Daisy would have got along, he'd have loved the spunky little girl. Though Natalia could appreciate the fact that Merle was one of their only blood relatives, and only bio uncle, the resemblance left a sour taste in her mouth.

"Bam?" Natalia asked, whereas Daisy would lie if necessary, Bambi was an open book and a terrible liar, much like her Uncle Glenn was.

"She kept calling Henry "Evie's boyfriend" and would do this." The girl wrapped her arms around her body, pretending to make out with herself whilst exaggerating kissing noises.

"Enough of that." Daryl put a stop to her actions.

"Nothing, huh?" Natalia asked her, a small smile on her face.

"What? If she wasn't always talking to him on the radio, I wouldn't say it, but she hurt Bunny, Mommy, look." She held up her stuffed teddy, showing off a perfectly fine plushie, not even dirt on it. "Uncle Rick gave it to me."