In a Kingdom Not So Far Away

"No! No way in hell." Gregory responded, when Rick had shared that they were going to fight back, against the Saviours. "That was not the deal. You people swore you could take the Saviours out and you failed. So any arrangement we had is now done, null and void, all right? We aren't trade partners, we aren't friends, and we never met."

"But we have." Natalia replied. "We saved your life."

"Nope. We don't know each other." He corrected. Sitting in his chair. "I owe you nothing. In fact, you owe me for taking in the refugees, at great personal risk."

"Oh, you were very brave staying in here while Maggie and Sasha saved this place. Your courage was inspiring." Jesus sassed, his arms folded across his chest.

"Hey, don't you work for me?" Gregory asked him. "Aren't we friends?"

"Gregory, we already started this." Rick jumped in.

"You started it."

"We did. And we're gonna win."

"These are killers."

"Is this how you want to live? Under their thumb, killing your people?" Rick asked him.

"S-Sometimes we don't get to choose what our lives look like. Sometimes, Ricky, you have to count the blessings you have."

"How many people can we spare?" Maggie stepped forward. "How many people her can fight?"

"We?" Gregory scoffed. "I don't even know how many people we have Margaret. And does it even matter? I mean-- w-w-what are you gonna do? Start a platoon of sorghum farmers? 'Cause that's what we got. They grow things. They're not gonna want to fight."

"You're wrong." Tara spoke up, she was stood at the back of the room with Daryl and Natalia. "When people have the chance to do the right thing they usually step up. I mean, people just..."

"L-let me stop you before you break into song, okay?" He cleared his throat. "And by the way who would train all this cannon fodder?"

"I will."

"Give me a week."

"Me." Sasha, Rosita and Natalia all responded.

"Rhetorical okay?"

"Wrong. You scared, pathetic weasel of a man, hiding in your office, petrified of your own shadow, the people of Hilltop are not weak, you are, if you want to waste away, acting as a slave to the Saviours, fine by me, go ahead, but we're not gonna let your people go down with you, I will personally turn all these people into fighters, if I have to." Natalia stepped forward, glaring at the man.

"Sorry honey, I never quite caught your name." Gregory told her.

"Natalia."

"Well, Natalia, I don't wanna know. I never want to hear another word about any of it ever. You're lucky I'm letting you here."

Daryl grabbed a hold of his wife, pulling her back with Tara, as she was about to lunge at the old man.

"Would we be better off without the Saviours, yes or no?" Rick intervened.

"Yeah. Sure. Okay" He shrugged.

"So, what will you do to fix the problem?" Michonne stepped up.

"I didn't say we had a problem. You did. And what happens outside of my purview is outside of my purview."

"What the hell man. You're either with us or you ain't." Daryl told him. "You're sitting there talking out of both sides of your mouth."

"Well, I... I think I've made my position very clear. And I want to thank all of you for not being here today and not having this meeting with me, or... or being seen on your way out. In other words, go out the back."