Claimed

Daryl and Natalia eventually went back into the house, to find Beth sat in front of the piano, singing.

They stood in the doorway listening for a bit, but then Daryl seemed to have enough, clearing his throat and scaring the teenager, who whipped around to see the pair.

"The place is nailed up tight." He said. "The only way in is through the front door."

Daryl walked towards the now empty coffin, whilst Natalia sat down on the posh looking couch.

He lifted himself up, climbing in the coffin whilst they gave him confused looks.

"What are you doing?" Beth was brave enough to ask.

"This is the comfiest bed I've had in years." Daryl remarked, laying down.

"Really?"

"I ain't kidding."

Natalia refused the temptation of closing the lid.

"Why don't you go ahead and play some more?" Daryl said, once he was comfortable. "Keep singing."

"I thought my singing annoyed you."

"Daryl needs a lullaby so he can go to sleep." Natalia teased.

When he didn't argue, Beth turned around and began to play again.

The two adults sat in silence and enjoyed the music.

"So what happens if you eat it?" Beth had asked at breakfast the next morning.

"Well, I start to get itchy, then red and puffy, then my tongue, it'll swell, eventually my throat will close up and I can't breath, and cause there's no EpiPen, I'll die." Natalia stated.

"Just from nuts?" Beth asked.

"Yeah, it's how my dad died, when I was four, someone gave him something at work, didn't think to check the ingredient's or something, I don't know, I barely remember him, my mom didn't like to discuss it."

"Alright." Daryl nodded, screwing the lid of peanut butter tightly shut and tossing it into the sink.

Outside, the cans rattled.

All three jumped at the sound, but Daryl was the first to stand up, grabbing his crossbow.

"Stay." He ordered, before walking out the kitchen and towards the front door.

Obviously, Natalia didn't listen, going to follow, but then so did Beth.

Daryl checked the gaps in the door before opening it, finding a one eyed dog.

"It's just a damn dog." He called out, he bent down, letting the dog sniff him "Come here, boy."

The dog yelped before running away.

Admitting betrayal and defeat, Daryl stood back up, closing the door.

"He wouldn't come in?" Beth asked.

"I told you to stay back."

"Yeah, but Daryl, you said there was a dog." Beth smiled.

"Maybe he'll come back around. Come on." He led the two back to the kitchen.

"Maybe he belongs to the owner, and Daryl scared him off." Natalia thought out loud.

"Brave thing for someone who's scared of a nut, to say." Daryl grumbled.

"I'm not scared, dumbass, I could die."

"Sounds like scared to me."

Later that night, they were sat around the table once again.