Nothing New

The group had set up camp for the night, though Natalia was restless, she wanted to go home, she needed to go home, and she was pissed at her friend for being the one to convince her to go.

She needed to be with her kids, it was killing her to not know what was going on, and how she acted out, she was terrified that anything could happen to them, where would Alpha draw the line? She'd proven plenty of times before that she didn't care for the lives of children.

Natalia was nervously scratching at her arm, staring into the firey flames as she thought of every bad scenario that could happen, she couldn't help it, that was until the distraction of Carol walking away, brought her back.

"She ain't been the same since she got off that boat." Daryl told Michonne. "Maybe she's better off on it. Found some peace, you know."

"Hey. She belongs with us." Michonne told him. "She ain't sleeping either. She's out all night looking for them."

"We gotta take care of them." Natalia stood up from the log. "This isn't like Negan, no ones holding the weight of peace over our heads. You shouldn't of stopped her." She looked at Michonne.

"Nat, this is different."

"Don't talk to me like that, Mich. I know what the stakes are and what they're-"

"Are you, do you really, cause that punch you threw earlier, doesn't have me so convinced that you do." Michonne snapped.

"You're lucky it was just a punch. After what she did, what she's done, and to do this! Sometimes it feels like Rick never really left, cause you filled his spot, just rolling over and taking whatever shit is handed to us."

"Don't you dare-" Michonne pointed at her, her jaw clenched.

"Do you even know why we left, Michonne? Why we ran away to live in the woods? Because I couldn't stand to be in that place any longer, to hear the things people said about that man, having my daughter go behind my back and converse with him, keeping him around as a constant reminder to them, to us about what he did, what he did to us, to me! Whilst you all defended him! And now, he's out walking about, with freedom, getting to do what the hell he feels like doing, gaining sympathy from the people who forgot, being around my children!"

"And he's the one who saved the twins!" Michonne shouted.

"He what?" Daryl tuned into the conversation, the one he had been desperately trying to block out.

"Oh, yeah! Your wife never bothered to mention this to you." Michonne turned to him.

"Mich, stop, just shut up." Natalia shook her head.

"During the snow storm, which was, hm let me think, five months ago! As they were evacuating everyone to Aaron's house, the twins ended up wandering off and getting lost, Negan was the one to go out and find them, bring them back, not Nat, but he did, when no one else bothered."

"You know full well it wasn't li-"

"Nat." Daryl growled.

"Daryl, honey, it wasn't like that, we had no choice-"

"You didn't tell me?" He asked. "Why the hell didn't you tell me!"

"Because I knew you would react like this!"

"Bullshit! I had a right to know that ma girls almost died when I weren't even there, then to find out he saved them-"

"Exactly, you are never here!"

She couldn't elaborate further as gun shots ran out, alerting everyone.

"Carol." The three muttered as they ran towards the sound.