Tiaras and Arrows

Rick had tried to negotiate with the woman, but she wasn't going for it, apparently a two for one deal was off the table.

Daryl had tracked them down to the safe house the people had taken Maggie and Carol, the man they had, they had tried beating him for answers, but came up with nothing.

When they had gotten closer, Rick checked in with Paula, she didn't give up, it didn't matter though, they were gonna get there soon enough, and when they did, that would be the last of the Saviours.

When she had finally radio'd back, accepting the trade, they were at the ready, waiting for their moment.

Rick played along, their cover was invisibility, they were going to get their people back.  

When they had reached the place, Maggie was the person to open the door.

Glenn rushed to her, hugging his wife tight.

Natalia spotted Carol wrapping her arms around the older woman tightly, Daryl joined their side, making sure Carol was alright.

"You okay?" He asked her. "We got your trail. You start a fire?"

"Yeah." She nodded.

"Are they all dead?" Natalia asked, taking her gun off safety, about to join Gabriel and Rosita as they searched the place, but Carol stopped her.

"They're all gone, Nat, they're gone." She then hugged her tightly, something sentimental was behind it, but she didn't understand what.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"Natalia, listen to me, you don't want to end up like them, you have to count, you need to, it shouldn't be easy, it should never be easy, you're still young, think about Evie, how you're raising her."

"Carol, I don't understand?" Natalia told her. "You're not making any sense." She looked up at Daryl, who was equally confused.

"Hey, you sure you're okay?" He asked her, taking his girlfriend's spot.

"No." Carol shook her head.

"Come here." He muttered, hugging his best friend.

"Your friends are dead." Rick told the Saviour. "No one's coming for ya. So you might as well talk."

"Let him burn." Daryl told him, when he had stepped away from Carol.

"I'm gonna ask you one last time... how'd you get the bike?"

"We found it." The man answered.

"Like hell you did." Daryl replied.

"We found it." He repeated.

"Was Negan in that building last night or was he here?"

The man slowly turned to Rick, a smirk emerged on his face.

"Both." He said. "I'm Negan, shithead. There's a whole world of fun that we can talk about, so let's have a chat."

"I'm sorry it had to come to this." Rick shot the man in the head.

Carol stared in horror, she then glanced at the woman beside her, how calm and nonchalant she seemed, Carol knew Natalia had a long body count, it was accumulating by the time they had met her, thinking about the number today made her stomach twist, Carol was terrified that her friend would end up like the woman she had shoved on that metal pole, she'd lose herself, not care about the people around her, she was becoming too heavy handed with the trigger, Carol couldn't watch it happen.

Over a week had passed since they took out the Saviours, Alexandria was in peace, no lingering threats had hung over them.

Daryl had moved in with Natalia and Evie, he was hesitant to leave his friends, maybe a little nervous to take such a big step, even though he had been living with the woman for a year, that's how long they had known each other, but it felt like a lifetime.