The Man in the Red Poncho

When Daryl had finished fixing the bike up, Aaron had explained to the pair how they would go about with the recruiting and the route they were planning on taking, considering the pair were from Georgia and did not know anything about Virginia.

Natalia had explained to him, that at their old community, the prison, it was mainly her and Daryl that had rescued people, bringing them back, that they were familiar with helping survivors and giving them sanctuary.

Natalia had decided on taking Milo up on his offer of dinner, it was sweet and he was right about being a good cook, even with the sparse ingredients, he was a lot nicer and friendly than when they had first met.

Evie had kept her promise of drawing more pictures, giving them to the woman as she talked about school and how Carl was in the big kids group with the Anderson boys, she thought he was cool.

Natalia had surprisingly took a fast liking to the girl, she was kind but blunt, Natalia couldn't blame her, growing up in a world like this.

Milo wasn't bad either, she could see herself becoming friends with him fast, he was quite interesting to talk to, after Evie had gone to bed, which she insisted on Natalia helping with, her and Milo had shared a glass of wine, she made sure to keep to only a wine after the other night.

"She adores you." Milo said. "I've never seen her like this with anyone, not in a real long time."

"She's a great kid." Natalia responded.

"You're invited to hang out here whenever if it means I get to see that smile on her face, obviously when you're not recruiting, and I'm sure she'll appreciate it, I don't think Evie will give you much choice, either way." He told her.

"Of course, I think she's growing on me." Natalia teased.

"Did you ever have kids, before this?" He asked her. "Just that, you're so good with her."

"Yeah, a long time ago." She admitted, surprising herself that she did. "A little girl."

"I'm sorry."

"I know. It sucks."

When she had got back to the home she shared with her friends, it seemed like Daryl was waiting for her on the porch, as he smoked, he hadn't out rightly asked for details, but she told him anyway, even showing off Evie's drawings, especially the one that appeared to be him and a motorcycle, the same one she must've seen him working on in the garage.

"You in love with the guy yet?" Daryl asked her.

"Pft, no, he's alright, not really my type, I'm only there for Evie." Natalia told him.

"Your type?" He scoffed.

"Yeah, I have a type." She looked at him. "Y'know, I'm supposed to be hanging out with her again when we get back, maybe you can come with."

"Nah, nobody wants that, I ain't good with kids."

"Yeah, cause Judith doesn't look up at you like you hang the stars, and you don't look at her the same way." She nudged him.

"She's different."

"You ever think this will stick, that maybe Aarons right, and we will be able to fall in love again, and have families?" Natalia asked him, leaning her head against his arm as they both stared ahead, into the street, linking her arm with his.

"Like hell I'd know, never been in love before, my only family was Merle."

"You've never been in love?" Natalia leaned off of him, looking into his eyes. "Like ever? Not even some high school girlfriend you thought was gonna last forever?"