Bed-Time Tales

"How are my poorly babies doing?" Natalia asked, carrying soup into the twins room, Archie was tucked up with Bambi, in her bed, Daryl was sat beside them, making sure they were all cosy, whilst Evie was laying cold flannels on their foreheads, Dog layed his head on the end of the girls bed.

"They're fighting it." Daryl told her. "Kids are Dixons."

"They're also Moores, thats what scares me." She muttered, chewing her nail.

"It seems pretty easy to pass through." Evie explained. "The main concerns are their fevers and considering they've never even had a cold before, their immune systems are gonna be pretty weak, they need to gain their strength and stay hydrated."

"That's okay, you can both eat your veggies, and Mommy's gonna find out what special remedy's are gonna make my angels feel better." Natalia shoved Daryl off the bed, taking his spot, giving her kids kisses on their cheeks.

Evie grimaced at her father, who just rolled his eyes with a shake of his head.

"I've been gone for days, they get a lil sniffle, and all this?" She grumbled.

"Mommy, I don't like green food, it's yucky." Bambi pouted, holding tight to her bunny.

"Yuck." Archie stuck his tongue out.

"Yeah, they might be, but they're gonna make you big an strong, an' Daddy'll make them taste so good you can't even notice that they're veg." Daryl bypassed Evie's comment.

"That's okay, Daddy, you're not the best at cooking, but Mommy is." Bambi patted his hand, letting him down gently.

"Yeah, you weren't around when she wasn't." Evie grimaced.

"Alright, I want you two to get some rest, and stay in bed, Mommy is gonna take some soup to Auntie Ro's and make sure she's okay, and Daddy is gonna stay here and make sure my sick babies are taken care of when I'm away." She then turned to Daryl, her smile dropping and her brows narrowing. "Aren't you."

"Y-yeah, yes." He cleared his throat. "I got it, alright, ain't nothin' gon' happen to 'em."

"Bye-bye." She kissed their heads, again. "Mommy loves you, I'm gonna be right back, okay? I love you."

"Love you, Mommy."

"Bye-bye Momma." Archie waved his little hand, twirling his hair in the other.

"Aunt Nat, Daisy's trying to use the stove, again!" RJ called from the kitchen.

"Daisy Caroline, get your ass out of that kitchen!" She shouted down, pointing at her husband before talking to him. "Daryl, don't let him do that, it'll tangle into a huge knot, and he's not gonna like it when I have to brush it out. I'm gonna swing by the cell, too, make sure they're actually feeding Lydia, hopefully convince her to leave, too." Natalia told him, as she got up from the bed, and heading out of the room, ignorant to the huff and puff her husband let out as he resumed his seat, gently pulling his son's hand out of his hair.

"Wait, why's Lydia in the cells?" Evie asked Daryl.

"Your boyfriend attacked her, that woman yer mom kept arguing with, she was killed by Negan when he was helping her, an' she's beating herself up about it." He explained, in a low voice, trying not to raise suspicion from the six year old.

"Who, Gage?" She gasped.

"Yeah, that prick." He scowled, leaning his chin on his fist, as he ran his thumb along his youngest kids cheeks, as they fell back asleep.

"Daddy, Mommy told us to come up here so you could watch us, but she said we're not allowed in the room." Daisy stood at her doorway, staying beyond the door, RJ was stood beside her.