Guts Couture

Shouting and breaking glass came from downstairs as they sat with the woman.

Michonne and Natalia both left the room, leaving Deanna.

"What the hell is going on, down there?" Natalia asked, as Evie came running out of the other room, Carl and Ron weren't in there with her. "Evie, go back, stay with Judith, okay."

"Carl and Ron left." She told her.

"Just stay." She then ran down the stairs with Michonne.

The others were all down there.

The blonde woman, Ron and Carl were pushing against the door to another room, walkers were fighting to get through it.

"Here, move." Rick told them, moving the couch to prop against it.

"Watch out!" The woman told the boys, as Gabriel helped Rick.

"We need more and we need to be quiet." Rick said, as Carl joined in to keep the couch steady.

"I'll see what I can find." Michonne told him, running through the house.

"Me too." Gabriel joined in.

"Are they going to get in?" Evie was stood on the stairs, staring at the door.

"Evie, I told you to stay with Judith" Natalia reached for her.

"But I was scared."

"Come on, you can help me, we're gonna go find heavy stuff to push in front of the door, okay, and then it's gonna be alright, come on, show me how big your muscles are, like this" Natalia raised her arms, flexing her biceps, "Go on, you do it, show me."

Evie did it.

"Woah, look at the size of those guns!" Natalia, picked her up, carrying her off the steps and on to the ground as Evie giggled at the woman. "Looks like I'll be helping you, come on." She pushed the girl through the hallways off the house, gently, finding anything useful to prop against the door.

They were in the kitchen, Natalia had instructed her to stay low and away from the doors, out of sight from the walkers outside.

Natalia opened a kitchen draw.

"Hmm, knifes" She muttered.

"Oh!" Evie gasped, crawling towards the woman on her hands and knees before sitting up, "We could use them to wedge in the door."

Natalia was impressed at the six year olds idea, where the hell would she have learned that from.

"Yeah, good job, Eves." She high fived the kid, picking up a handful of butter knifes, with the thick metal handles. She then grabbed a small steak knife.

"Evie, listen to me carefully, okay?" She bent down, taking a hold of the girls hand with her free one, setting the butter knifes down beside her. "You listening?"

Evie nodded.

"Okay, I'm going to give you this" She placed the steak knife in the girls hand, it was sharp, and could be useful but it wasn't big, a good size for a child to use as a weapon, in a world like this. "This is not a toy, understand. You won't need to use it, but if you do. You aim for the brain, only on walkers, if you can't do that, you knock them down and run, find me or Rosita, Michonne, Sasha, Maggie, or anyone you know, okay?"

"Yes." She nodded.

"Say it back to me."

"I only use it on walkers, and aim for the brain, if I can't do that, I knock them down and run away, finding an adult to help me."